Help: Which pet should I train?

(I have very little experience with the BD/training, so please bear with me! :P)

I want to have a BD pet, but I'm not sure which pet I should train. One of them is an old lab rat which I've stopped zapping for a while, and the other is my current lab rat.

My first one (Candrady):
Lvl : 23

Str : 81
Def : 20
Mov : 36
Hp : 169

And the other (Brodian):
Lvl : 1
Str : 9
Def : 7
Mov : 19
Hp : 58

Candrady has overall "better" stats, but I'd have to level up to 85 before I can do anything else, while Brodian needs to be level 29. But then again, Brodian is way lower on strength, etc. Should I train Candrady or Brodian? I know either way I'll have to spend a lot, but I don't know which one would be more "worth it".

I think you should train Candrady because the stats are higher already. Getting from level 23 to level 85 seems a long way, but if you seriously want to invest in a battle pet, it will be worth it. Although Brodian only needs to go from level 1 to 29 to be trainable, you'll have to spend a lot more time getting his/her strength, defense and HP to match Candrady's current stats.

Candrady seems like the better option simply because I'd assume if you want an actual battle pet you'd want either one better than your current strongest one, so even though 23 to 85 seems like a long way, 1 to 85 is even further off. But that's assuming you'd want your battle pet, regardless of which one it is, to be lvl 85 or higher in the end.