Black Market Boon not working? o.O

leverhelven

Hey guys, I chose the Black Market Goods boon for the week, which is supposed to highlight rarity 85+ items on shops. Okay.

Today is wednesday and I STILL haven't seen a SINGLE highlighted item in any shop. I'm trying many shops, but can't find any.

And just now I bought a Plain Chocolate Hollow Cybunny from the Chocolate Shop, which WASN'T highlighted, and saw that its raroty is 87! So it SHOULD be highlighted! But it wasn't.

Is that normal? Or is the boon glitched for me? :(

I was wondering about this boon myself. I saw two 90+ rarity items in the Chocolate Factory yesterday, but they weren't highlighted. In fact, the entire time I was attempting the avatar (which honestly wasn't very long) I didn't see a single highlighted item.

Apparently the boon is glitched and only some items will be highlighted. Saw this on the boards.

The Boon is glitched, only a handful of items actually have the glow. The Black Market Boon items are invisible to all except those with the boon. The problem is this boon is ALWAYS active, even when no player can possibly have the boon due to the Sway losing or not being included in the Skirmish. Since the black market items always stock they get in the way of the shops fully stocking.

TNT knows it's not working, they're just not making any effort to fix it like so many other things.

http://www.neopets.com/neoboards/topic.phtml?topic=155148042

Apparently the boon is glitched and only some items will be highlighted. Saw this on the boards.

http://www.neopets.com/neoboards/topic.phtml?topic=155148042

Aww shucks! Way to choose a boon for nothing... Should have chosen the Refresh Faerie Quest one... :(

How the boon actually works actually matches the description of the boon, so I'm not sure it's actually a glitch. Which means someone might want to start compiling a list of items that are now part of the boon. Do they ever change? And most importantly for those using the boon to try for the chocolate avatar, are there any R90+ items in that shop that are black market goods? If not, the boon won't help to get the avatar.

How the boon actually works actually matches the description of the boon, so I'm not sure it's actually a glitch. Which means someone might want to start compiling a list of items that are now part of the boon. Do they ever change? And most importantly for those using the boon to try for the chocolate avatar, are there any R90+ items in that shop that are black market goods? If not, the boon won't help to get the avatar.

True, it does match the description. What I read was from the boards and from another user, so it might not be accurate unless TNT actually confirmed it was glitched...

It could be that nobody has figured out how the boon works exactly.

Wow that really sucks, I don't get why TNT isn't putting the effort into fixing it. But looking at all the other comments...we don't even really know if it's "actually" glitched huh. Not to mention the topic is deleted (presumably by TNT)

Well this gives me another reason not to choose this boon. (Originally because I have finals and won't have the time to restock anyhow...)

Someone on the Neopets board said that if you chose this boon and were online right at midnight when it was announced that the Sway won, that the shops had quite a few of the highlighted rare items. As a matter of fact, this person inferred that we were ignorant or dumb for not knowing this (THAT didn't go too well for him). Anyway, I would not choose this boon again either, like leverhelven, I would pick the faerie quest refresh. Actually almost any of the other boons but this one.