Lever of DOOM!

blowupthesun

I got this avatar today (finally)!!

It turns out it's NOT completely random and figured I'd share this for anyone who hasn't read this and still needs the avatar:

When the Lever of Doom obtains 100,000 neopoints from different Neopians, the Grundos decide to award the 100,000 neopoint "donator" a gift, which, is, indeed, the avatar! When the Hand pops out, the Grundo controlling the Lever quickly exchanges the 100 neopoints for the avatar, tucked safely away in your bag of remaining (if any) neopoints. Just be careful though, because the Lever of Doom may just steal that avatar away once more...Don't be afraid! The Lever of Doom acquires neopoints quite fast. One day, you might be the lucky one that "persuades" the Lever of Doom to give you that avatar.

I didn't see that posted anywhere, but a lot of people saying you have better luck putting in a lot of NP at once and I guess this is why!

Well that's what the Neopian Times said...For a really long time I would try randomly and pull it like 10 times and never got it. If it DOES actually just give it out after a certain amount of NP is put into it, then it might be more likely to get it doing it all at once. That's what finally worked for me, at least.

Interesting. I wonder how the author of that Neopian Times article found out about this. Regardless, if it's true, then the odds of getting the avatar are higher if you pull the lever constantly for a long period of time, compared to pulling it once a day.

The 100k in one sitting strategy is how I got the avatar. I actually spent over 200k (in that one sitting) before I got it, but most people get it after spending around 100k.

I did it as a daily off and on for years! That's why I wanted to share this, whether or not it's completely true, I finally sat down and put about 40k into it and it worked. I'm sure I spent a lot more than that over all the time I was doing it as a daily, so it might at least be worth a try. Still, there are people who spend a lot more than 100k and people who get it after a couple tries, so there's definitely no guarantee.

If its trued it still means that you could get the avatar on your first pull or after spending 1 million or more!! its if YOU happen to be the one pulling at a certain time which is just ... luck!

At any time there will be others pulling that lever all over the world

I have heard of people spending well over a 100k and not getting it and giving up, I got it after spending about 20k

after you have the avatar there is no reason to go back so you are not going to play and lose it

That makes A LOT of sense! I'll be sure to test the theory out and report back my findings.

I got it after only 3k!!!
Now, I've pulled the level many times before for about 10-15k each time.
I guess I lucked out and some others already dumped a lot of money into it.
AND lucky for me, I was just settling in to watch an episode and pull the lever without looking (it makes me dizzy), and I just so happenned to glance and the page before turning the screen off and BAM I got the avvie :)

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. If your post is the most recent reply and you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

That makes A LOT of sense! I'll be sure to test the theory out and report back my findings.

I got it after only 3k!!!

Now, I've pulled the level many times before for about 10-15k each time.

I guess I lucked out and some others already dumped a lot of money into it.

AND lucky for me, I was just settling in to watch an episode and pull the lever without looking (it makes me dizzy), and I just so happenned to glance and the page before turning the screen off and BAM I got the avvie :)

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If your post is the most recent reply and you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

That's awesome to hear! Congrats! I know it's such a pain to get that one!

Thanks! :) I have a serious love-hate relationship with the random ones. The next two I'm tacking are the Kelp one and the Wheel of Extravaganza! Though, I find the wheel to be fun