Unable to receive activation email from Neopets

Pecan

So, I made an account late yesterday, and they told me to wait for an email to activate my account.

So, I waited for a few hours. I thought it was just taking a really long time, until I saw that I had received a neomail from the site, as follows:

'A message sent to you at [email protected] was not delivered. The message from the other server is '550-Verification failed for
550-The mail server could not deliver mail to [email protected]. The account or domain may not exist, they may be blacklisted, or missing the proper dns entries.
550 Sender verify failed'. Check http://www.neopets.com/faq.phtml to find out what you can do to fix the problem.'

Now, the faqs had no information for me that I could see, except basic things, such as making sure I typed everything in correctly. I double-checked, and my info is correct, however, the email still will not send. I asked them to resend it twice, and both times I received the above message.

Now, I've sent in a ticket for this, but considering I can't do nearly as much without the activation, I was wondering if anyone else had a suggestion.

I also suggest making an email just for Neopets use (you could always use it for signing up for other sites that you don't really care about!). It's possible that because it's a... unique domain name, it was flagged as fake.

You'll probably want to make a new email account in the future, anyway. Applying for jobs through email is pretty common these days, you will likely not want to use a derpymail email address on a job application. ;)