I need to beat the Black Pteri

Kyurri

I beat the Black Pteri once but, I wanted to beat it thrice. It beat me a lot of times even though my stats are higher than suggested.

Level: 54

HP: 94

Str: 70

Def: 71

Intel: 293

Equipment:

Downsize!

Lesser Healing Scroll

HCC

Purple Sticky Hand

Scroll of Knowledge

Snowglobe Staff

Parchment Cloak

Robot Muffin

Abilities:

Static Cling

Shade

Positive Thinking

An Icicle

Lens Flare

I can confirm that the New BD is glitched because the Black Pteri used Throw Pillows twice (during another battle thrice!) in every battle I have with him. Suggestions?

Also are there any other challengers with glitches like this?

I can't remember all the items I used when I beat him, but I do recall that Lesser Sticky Hand was entirely unhelpful (despite every guide I read recommending it), but your Lesser Healing Scroll is good. Gilded War Hammer is a decent weapon for under 20k and it worked for me, but the Golden Compass is another option for roughly 10k more. I would go with Darigan Muffins instead of Robot Muffins. I also used a Scarab Ring if you want to try that. I hope that's helpful!

His freezing attacks are sooooooo annoying :(

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

If you are not training I would recommend that you keep at it, it seems to take ages but its worth it in the long run and you will soon be knocking him over very easily.

You are quite close to a strength boost which will apply at strength level 85 and you are level 70 atm so not much training to get that. That will take your strength and multiply it by 2.5 while at the moment it is only multiplied by 2 - that could make all the difference.

The Black Pteri is hard to beat consistently. First, ditch your purple sticky hand, as stealing is not working. Replace it with another 15 icon muffin. Since The Black Pteri has almost no shields, as long as you don't choose one that attacks with physical it does not

matter. The Earthern Scorchstone is an excellent shield for TBP, equip one. Try ditching the healing scroll and the snowglobe, TBP's attack will be so overwhelming at your level that he'll overwhelm you when he uses his major weapons, instead get a second scroll of knowledge or another 11 icon constant and a third muffin.

You are likely using your Lens Flare early in the battle, Don't. Wait until you are within killing distance of TBP, then attack and freeze, if you are using two 15 icon muffins and have a X2 strength boost, then you want to wait until TBP is less than 60hp, with lens flare you've got a certain kill. So, attack on round 1 with two 11 icon constant weapons, IF you survive, then attack with lens flare and two 15 icon muffins.

Second strategy would be to try HCC and EStone added with An Icicle, this gives you 16 raw attack for 32 effective. If you can survive two rounds, then attack with two 15 icon muffins and lens flare.

Good battle, honour in all things and in all things honour.

P.S. And WHEN you train up to the 85 str boost, it will get much easier.

Actually the BD is not glitched - 1-P opponents can use one-use items more than once and use once per day/once per battle abilities more than once.

Your set looks all right, but try upgrading your Lesser Healing Scroll to a Greater Healing Scroll or Rejuvenating Jar of Brains, which go for about 230k-250k and 300k, respectively.

The Purple Sticky Hand isn't all that helpful, so I would just take it out of your set.

My stats/set when I beat the Black Pteri were:

Level: 42

HP: 120 (was only at 103 when I entered the battle)

Defence: 82

Strength: 81

Movement: 26

Intelligence: 378

Equipment:

Golden Compass

Scroll of Knowledge

Downsize!

Snowglobe Staff

Rejuvenating Jar of Brains

Parasol of Unfortunate Demise

Parchment Cloak

Like AJ11 said, your strength and defence are close to the 85 boost point. Train them both to that point - it could play a huge part in victory.

I think that's about all the advice I can offer. Good luck! You'll get it eventually. ^_^

I never stop training. But I train specially at endurance to get the most of it.

My Lens Flare won't work at the battle (twice). Is this for real? In the combat log lens flare wasn't mentioned.

I need to win one last time though.

Thanks for the advice you guys gave me. I won three times (and lost 9 times) :)

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Vyvren) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. If your post is the most recent reply and you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.