Lag in Neopets ..why and whay can anyone do?

AJ11

I find that Neopets is becoming so slow at times, I know other people have had this but I just dont understand why?

I could understand it during daily dare or other big events perhaps just down to overload but at the moment there are no significant events that Im aware are increasing numbers yet it is extremely laggy for me and some others

It has got so bad that I have had to give up on habitarium sometimes as Im afraid I wont be able to harvest the gems so it will lock out. It makes it incredibly boring because it just wont run fast enough so you end up almost throwing the computer out of the window in frustration :cigar:

It is really spoiling the site for me and I wonder if there is anything I can do to speed things up?

Or at least does anyone know why neopets is so incredibly laggy right now?

It was bad for me at the scores galore weekend, but during the week it's not too bad. I sometimes get a message that neopets is offline or something like that. Whenever I refresh it works again. But all that could mean that there is a problem with their server or webhoster. If all traffic has to go trough a narrowed bandwidth it could give lag. Depending on what the problem is, and on how fast they try to fix it (if it is something like that) it could last a few days to weeks. Give it some time, try other times to be online (when less people are actually online and playing, since you're from the UK, early in the morning, 10AM or so, should give less lag) and hope the lag disappears soon.

I haven't been playing habi for a while, so I don't know how that's going for me lag wise.

I hope you can get something to work around the lag so you can enjoy everything again.

I haven't been experiencing lag so much, but have been having frequent "Neopets is off-line" messages (that disappear on reload) and some "can't send score in offline mode" errors when I try to send game scores. I've also been having "an error has occurred" issues when trying to spin the wheels. No idea what's causing it, especially since there's no major event happening.