Would this be illegal?

Desertfreak

So I am loving trading pets but I don't know what I wan't so I was thinking of doing a shop of mystery with pets, they trade one pet to me and I give them a random pet. Like I said I don't know if this is illegal but if it's not I can't wait to start.

If you can help that would be great!

Thanks ~ Arnie10

101577.png

ld.jpg101577_ldpb.gif

I don't think it's technically against the rules, but I'm afraid that people would feel like they got ripped off or scammed if they got a pet they feel was a step downwards, or had a really bad name, or something. I think it would be safer for you to not try it, as interesting an idea as it is!

As Rebecca said, there are too many potential troubles you can get yourself into by doing that. I would strongly advise you against it unless you are playing it with a group of users you know very well. However, you should set yourself rules on what happens when someone is not satisfied with the swap.

I think this is an awesome idea and I would love to collaborate pets with you on it!

However, here is what you can do as far as rules for it:

1. It is a shop of mystery, so regardless of pet given, the pet is now yours.
  2. If you are unsatisfied with the pet, I will randomly select (with a random selector) 3 pets for you to choose from.
  3. If none of those are to your liking, then you will be cut off the trade, and not allowed to re-ask for a trade for 1 month waiting period.

Simple rules, but could make it to where people felt obligated, maybe also show the pets they could possibly get so they feel like they should only offer pets they would be comfortable trading. Also, maybe add these rules:

1. The quality of pet you trade in, also will be what you get out of it.

What this could mean is that if you send in a basic pet, you will only get back a basic pet. HOWEVER, if you send in a faerie pet, you may get a WN basic pet or a royal pet. Basically, painted pets can float + or - a level in quality for the pets they can recieve. Maybe base it off /~x__loveable's pet page to make sure it is entirely fair?

I think this is an awesome idea and I would love to collaborate pets with you on it!

However, here is what you can do as far as rules for it:

1. It is a shop of mystery, so regardless of pet given, the pet is now yours.
  2. If you are unsatisfied with the pet, I will randomly select (with a random selector) 3 pets for you to choose from.
  3. If none of those are to your liking, then you will be cut off the trade, and not allowed to re-ask for a trade for 1 month waiting period.

Simple rules, but could make it to where people felt obligated, maybe also show the pets they could possibly get so they feel like they should only offer pets they would be comfortable trading. Also, maybe add these rules:

1. The quality of pet you trade in, also will be what you get out of it.

What this could mean is that if you send in a basic pet, you will only get back a basic pet. HOWEVER, if you send in a faerie pet, you may get a WN basic pet or a royal pet. Basically, painted pets can float + or - a level in quality for the pets they can recieve. Maybe base it off /~x__loveable's pet page to make sure it is entirely fair?

Thanks I think this will work! I will be posting on the Neoboards soon!

101577.png

ld.jpg101577_ldpb.gif

:rock: 1/3 Secret avatars found!!! :rock:

Thanks I think this will work! I will be posting on the Neoboards soon!

101577.png

ld.jpg101577_ldpb.gif

You are very welcome, and if you would like for me to join in on helping organize so, I would do so eagerly! I have plenty of great pets to add :D

I agree with Rebecca. The thing is, you have all the control, right? It's not technically against the rules, but you could easily scam every single person who trades you a pet. Even if you're the most trustworthy person on the planet, I'm sure many would think that way and not do it, so it wouldn't be very successful anyway :(

You are very welcome, and if you would like for me to join in on helping organize so, I would do so eagerly! I have plenty of great pets to add :D

Thanks, I would love to do that! I just realized I did not have that good of pets as I hoped :mellow: Anyway I have a plan, I will make sure the colors have around the same value. The names are another story. Anyway add me, i'm arnie10 on neopets. :)

101577.png

ld.jpg101577_ldpb.gif