Kelp avatar help!

leverhelven

So, what exactly is the deal with Kelp and its avatar? Some people say you have to choose your lightest, most bloated pet, and select one dish from every category of the menu. Others say those things are irrelevant.

Some say that, if you do get leftovers, you're guaranteed to get the avatar. Others say that, even if you do get leftovers, you still may not get the avatar, as it is random.

How did YOU guys get your Kelp avatar? I've spent more than a million np trying to get it, and nothing... :sad01_anim:

http://www.neopets.com/~kelplek#method

Greatest guide for the Kelp avatar in my opinion. It worked for me a couple years ago.

You can just attempt to refresh a few times and see if it works before buying from the Kelp again. Make sure your pet is very bloated. To be very bloated, try the movie center on neopets if your neopet refuses to eat.

I used the guide JakeADC linked to. I spent quite a bit, but I achieved the avatar just after 1pm NST, which according to the site, seems to be the time most people get it.

I didn't get the notification of the avatar, but I checked my avatar list and it was there, without the notification.

I also used my lightest pet, and had it at Very Bloated.

Wow! That guide seems pretty good! I just read it all, gonna wait till 12:30 NST and try again! Thanks for the tips, guys! Wish me luck!

UPDATE: I am now officially broken thanks to Kelp. I've tried 9 times, NINE TIMES, with 3 different pets, and no leftovers, let alone avatar. My bank account is near zero and I am SO MAD AT THIS AVATAR RIGHT NOW!!! :grrr: :grrr: :grrr:

• 2 months later...

I've tried using that guide.. I've tried 5 times... >_< *sigh*...

Unfortunately, it's random and comes down to luck. I spent nearly 2 million on it in one day. I actually was about to give up and decided to try one more time, and got it. At least three friends I linked to the guide, got it in the first couple tries. Others, had luck like mine.

Well, here is how I got mine (aaaaages ago - never understood why people complain so much about it as it was quite simple):

• I had only one pet at that time, so, I used him! :rolleyes_anim: ;
  • I bloated him and took him out for dinner at our favourite restaurant, The Kelp;
  • I chose one item from each course - the cheapest possible, as I didn't have much money;
  • He ate, I got the leftovers (classy!);
  • Then I refreshed the page (the ones that shows your takeaway container =P), over and over and over... Just put your finger there on F5 and forget!;
  • Checked my avatar count and list... voila!

Now I don't know if pressing the F5 like that is considered something bad by TNT. Tho since we have so many actions that require constant refreshing, you better check it out. I used the same tactics for Drackonack and Mootix. ^^

Unfortunately, it's random and comes down to luck. I spent nearly 2 million on it in one day. I actually was about to give up and decided to try one more time, and got it. At least three friends I linked to the guide, got it in the first couple tries. Others, had luck like mine.

Literally, right after I posted this, (well, maybe 5 minutes after but you get the point lol), I got the avvie.

I feel like I have been trying for that off and on for ages.. It's such a huge relief to finally be done with it haha.

• 2 weeks later...