Question about 1P Battledome

Hanrietta

Hi all BP Staff and other battledomer

First of all I want to express my gratitude for the BP Staff because IMHO tdn battledia is the best and very helpful especialy the 1p bd challengers guide

But I want to ask you about those guide

exp: http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/articles/viewarticle/obelisk-war-challenger-guide/

http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/articles/viewarticle/space-faerie/

In the 1P BD, we can choose our opponent strength (average, strong, & mighty). What I wantvto ask is are those guide intended for the average, strong, or mighty level?

And also I have a personal grudge against the drenched and I really want to beat her in the mighty mode, but I realize her hp is so high. Do you have a guide to beat her?

And my last question is, I only play in 1P BD and never intend to play in 2P BD. I've been playing (retiring) from neopets. And when I'm return and check my stock I got a huge profit from them. Is it ok if I built my pet inti a noobnator buy buying a lot of neovian strength potion. Because currenty it sell around 300k, and I think I can make my pet strength into 550 boost. Can I beat the drenched with this noobinator pet? My hp is 150 and I have bought some armoured negg to reach 125 boost

Thanks before

I'm going to guess that all of the guides' recommended stats are for the easiest difficulty- average. Most people don't want to start challenging her on Mighty, with the 18,000 Health, or whatever it is she has! :P

The Drenched on Mighty have 33,000 health- Personally, I don't think your Noobinator would have a chance, except with maybe the best weapons in the game. My battle pet is at the 650 boosts for both strength and defence, with health to match, and a really decent HT weapon set, and I don't think I have a chance.

Hi all BP Staff and other battledomer

First of all I want to express my gratitude for the BP Staff because IMHO tdn battledia is the best and very helpful especialy the 1p bd challengers guide

Aw, thank you! =)

To answer your questions, the guides are mostly intended for average mode. The purpose of the guides is to help beginning battlers, and most of them will be battling on average. For example, our Space Faerie guide is most used by people looking to get the avatar, which is most easily obtained on average. However, most of the guides can be extrapolated. The challengers have (for the most part) the same weapons and abilities regardless of what difficulty you choose, so most of the guide won't change. The major difference is just their HP, so a person looking to beat the challenger on a higher difficulty will need higher stats. They could also look into the upgrades for the recommended weapons.

We do have a guide for The Drenched. They are a Defenders of Neopia challenger, so you can see their guide on our Defenders of Neopia Guide. The direct link to their part is here: http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/articles/viewarticle/don-guide/#drenched. Just note that this guide is really intended for beating them on average difficulty. Their HP on mighty is 33,000. You're going to need some strong weapons (like an anagram sword) paired with a pet with a high strength boost and high HP. Your pet, even with 550 strength, probably wouldn't have enough HP to take them on. (My pet has strength over 500 and HP over 850, but I can't beat them on mighty. I hope one day I can. Good luck.)

You certainly can choose to do item training instead of regular training, and Neovian Strength Potions are some of the cheapest strength-boosting items on the market. Note, though, if you do train up your strength using items and you ever decide you want to train at a training school, you'll need to increase your level accordingly.

Depending on your faerie abilities and your weapons, you'll probably be able to beat The Drenched on average difficulty with that pet. Assuming your pet is level 75 (since that's half of your HP), you can use H4000 Helmet or other 100% freezer + Wand of Reality or another 13-icon weapon + Lens Flare on the first turn, which would net 13 icons * 12 boost = 156 damage. Then on the second turn, you can use Ghostkerbomb + anagram sword + An Icicle, which would do around (25 + 13 + 6) icons * 12 boost = 528 damage. Since they only have 600 HP, you'll defeat them in two turns. No need to worry about defense or increasing your HP! This strategy will work unless The Drenched use their Throw Pillows ability, which luckily doesn't happen often on the first turn.

Here are some other options using this strategy depending on your current weapons and budget.

• If you have a 100% freezer and GBomb but can't afford a 13-icon weapon, the strategy would work with any attack weapon that has at least 9.5 icons, so it would include 10-icon weapons like Scroll of the Wise or Scroll of the Fool.
  • If you have a 100% freezer but can't afford GBomb, you can use a 15-icon muffins like Smelly Dung Muffin, and then you'll need a constant that has at least 14.5 icons, like Skarls Hasty Mace or an anagram sword such as Sword of Reif. Alternatively, you could use just use three 15-icon muffins.
  • If you don't have a 100% freezer, then you might have some trouble. You could try using a Randomly Firing Freeze Ray instead. Depending on your attack weapon, you'll do some damage, but if they're not frozen, then on the second turn, they will hit you and they will hit you hard. The Drenched have a strength boost of 13, so you can only take 11.5 icons of direct damage from them. You'll need to either increase your HP and/or increase your defense, plus get a good shield. Their primary attack weapons are Water Muffins and Sword of Apocalypse, so your best bet is to get a Ghostkershield to block a variety of their icons. If they attack with both and you defend with GShield, then they are attacking with 65 earth damage, 65 water damage, 65 dark damage, 71.5-130 physical damage, and 39 fire damage. You block all of the dark, and you'll block 5 icons of earth and 5 of physical, but you'll take all of the water and fire. That means you're taking 104 damage from the water and fire, so you can only afford to take 45 damage from the physical or earth. Assuming they attack with the minimal physical amount, you'll need a defense boost of at least 9.15. The lowest defense boost that is that high is 9.75, or a defense of at least 450.

If they don't use two attack weapons in that scenario, you'll probably do better, but you'll still probably want higher stats.

Thank you Rebecca~ and Lamppost :D

Yeah i have one anagram sword (skardsen) and faerie tabard. But I've been reading some guide that written somewhere in google, they told me that noobinator pet can hurt other people feeling. I don't want to hurt other people feeling. But I don't really understand why it can hurt other people feeling?

Also I read that right now it's much more economical to train your level to 250. Then train the other stat on secret ninja. Is it true?

I quite agree with him because lately the mystery island school asking me 2 eo codestone and 1 other codestone that. Whats your opinion about that?

Thanks before

I would say that it wouldn't make sense for you to train right up to the red codestones yet. Previously, red codestones were much cheaper than the regular kind. But now, one is constantly at 30k+, and most of the others are in 10-20k. I would keep training at your current level, since you are only being asked for three codestones per session- when you start getting higher, up to being asked for six, or more, then you may want to speed train to the Secret Ninja school.

From what I understand (and goodness knows I may be wrong about this), a Noobinator pet is one that doesn't look like it has high stats, but uses strong weapons, and only challenges new players with weak pets, or gives the impression that they would be easy to beat. So it would hurt people's feelings because it's an uneven playing field, or because they feel like they were lied to. If you aren't big on battling other people (you seem pretty interested in the one player opponents!) than it doesn't matter what kind of pet you have.

Back in the old battledome, on a random battle I get this opponent with like 37 hp. So I say, what the heck, and put my shields up and figure let him hit me a couple of rounds. Well, he pulls out Grapes of Wrath and the M.Skull and trounces my pet.

OK, that was real fun.

I got the appropriate reflectors and single use full blockers and when I challenged him later the battle was in my favor, although I was tempted to use a hemlock dart.

Can't say my feels were hurt, I appreciated the joke of someone training a pet with a 750 str boast but only 37 hp.

Nope, only if you use a scroll potion are my feelings hurt, as I worked long and hard to get my intelligence over 1000.

Red codestone are getting kind of iffy now. You might have the funds to go ahead and buy a bunch. While they are slowly becoming less cost effective they do have the great advantage of allowing you to train every four hours instead of 12-24 for a pet. You could buy several hundred now for the time you'll need them, at least save those you win in battledome.