Hello Everyone! I new here :)

xeasterbunny

Hi everyone! I am new here (as in new to TDN forums, not TDN) And I just really like TDN's staff and hard work and the people here are so nice, so I wanted to join the party :D! I just recently bought a $25 Neocash Card, I could not get cheaper ones anywhere!! So I just got back to playing Neopets after 3 hard years of school, and as I went to the NC mall I saw this game called "Shenangifts", where you get presents and based on your luck, you are guaranteed to win one you either like a lot or not so much... And I was REALLY, REALLY hoping for the Braided Flower Wig for my Cybunny; I got the flower plushie, flower sculpture foregrounds, and the knitted flower gloves and wig:( Not what I was really hoping for...D:

I tried 4 times on other accounts and my main ones, but I never got the wig. I feel so dissapointed because I used about 500 NC for not

really much I tried the 2 gift power up once. MAYbe I'm just really unlucky? Do you guys have any advice? Should I keep Trying? Or Stop?

Maybe something went wrong?? I also don't like how Neopets are making a lot of fun, light-hearted games requiring NC. I mean, geez not everyone can afford NC! Neopets used to be much more "free-er.". What are your thoughts? Thanks!

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine).

The topic was posted in the wrong area.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been MOVED from 'TDN Questions' to 'Neopets General Chat'.

Hi! Welcome to the forums :)

Oh, the NC debate, can become quite the heated one. Nothing went wrong with your attempts, it's just corporations/capitalism/blah blah blah, that's how they've designed the game. Why would TNT make it easy for you to get what you want? Then you'd just buy a little NC and stop once you have it, but since you're obviously willing to spend money in the first place then you're likely to spend more until you get the exact piece you want - and TNT wants to make money. I can't advise you what you should do, that's up to you and whether you're willing to spend real money on the game. I agree with you that it used to be much freer, and I personally don't support NC, unless it's complimentary NC. I mean I would love SSW, it makes making NP much easier (how I make NP at least), but not for $70 a year that's automatically charged to your credit card annually. Oh wow, I could keep rambling, so I should just stop now :P

You could also trade the NC items you got for the Braided Flower Wig. Not sure how many caps it costs though.

You might want to ask around in this forum though for NC items trading help: http://www.tdnforums.com/index.php?/forum/116-customization-nc-mall-chat/

Hi! Welcome to the forums :)

Oh, the NC debate, can become quite the heated one. Nothing went wrong with your attempts, it's just corporations/capitalism/blah blah blah, that's how they've designed the game. Why would TNT make it easy for you to get what you want? Then you'd just buy a little NC and stop once you have it, but since you're obviously willing to spend money in the first place then you're likely to spend more until you get the exact piece you want - and TNT wants to make money. I can't advise you what you should do, that's up to you and whether you're willing to spend real money on the game. I agree with you that it used to be much freer, and I personally don't support NC, unless it's complimentary NC. I mean I would love SSW, it makes making NP much easier (how I make NP at least), but not for $70 a year that's automatically charged to your credit card annually. Oh wow, I could keep rambling, so I should just stop now :P

It's not exactly TNT, actually Viacom.

Hi and welcome to the forum. The NC is not something I support either. I just want touchable stuff for real money spent. And although I understand they need money to keep it up and running (staff/hosting/etc cost money) I feel they are "abusing" the system a bit with too much luck involved in all the NC things. I am happy that you can still play without touching NC, so I try not to look at all the NC stuff too much to avoid the "Ooh pretty I want it" feeling.

Anyway, good luck with trading for the wig you want, I hope you can find/get one.

Hey! Thanks so much for the replies :laughingsmiley:!!

Hahaha...yea I guess I could trade for the wig, but I never really traded items before, and I don't know who would trade it with me.

I totally agree with you, Duma I don't really like looking at all the NC things too..but sometimes I just can't help it :(!

I also agree when all of you say that NC is partaking on A LOT of neopet things that we would used to do for free.

And I just really dislike the premium accounts, no hate for the ones that have them, but how neopets makes you pay

for them every month just for more access to limited things. It's true, neopets is kind of "abusing" the system...

But yea! Thank you for all that answered and for welcoming me (~I like it here a lot already~) I will see if I could find a trade!

and if that doesn't work I won't do Shenangifts anymore:(..

Bye! :rock: :rock: :rock:

It's not exactly TNT, actually Viacom.

Sorry, I was generalizing. I meant the companies earning the profits from NC sales, not necessarily the staff maintaining the website. However, I doubt Viacom provides a ton of input on developing new games. So TNT must have some mindset focused on how to maximize NC profit from activites such as Shaninigifts. On some level, I'm sure they're concerned about making that moo-lah as well, after all, if Neopets remains profitable they'll keep their jobs.