Defense: 87

Agility: 80

HP: 124

and my current set are:

Sword of Ari

Hanso Charisma Charm

HNMS

Ghostkerbomb

Jade Scorchstone (gift from a nice friend that quit playing neopets)

Magical Marbles of Mystery

Downsize!

Craftsmans Lens

My abilities are static cling, meditate, meh, and lens flare

Still got 10m np left to buy a weapon? So what weapon should I buy to improve my BD pet?

I also happen to have leaded elemental vial, should I sell it right now to get a better weapon? Or should I sell it when there is a new plot? Or should I sell the jade ss instead?

Thank you very much

Nice set up! The main things to upgrade are far too expensive. Maybe dump Downsize because you need one more constant weapon. You either dump that, or the Lens. I think you should get Kelpbeard's Trident. That would pull your set together well.

I would also change a few faerie abilities if I was you.

Static cling: Perfect

Meditate: Change to Shade, it gives you some defense, and i find that more useful.

Meh: If you plan to have insane health stats, switch to Positive Thinking. If not, use this I guess. I just think Positive Thinking is better.

?: Idk what is here, but pick Icicle. Water damage is great. Fire may be better, but there is MORE water damage, so pick it.

Lens Flare: Awesome. Your very own Thyora's Tear

Sorry if I was unclear, I am tired, haha.

Edit: I think you should wait for a plot, but either way, you ain't gonna make a fortune off of it being a plot. Probably just a couple million more. Make sure to keep training and zapping your way to greatness! :)

Thanks for the reply

Indeed, I've been thinking to buy kelbeards trident. But whick one is better the trident or sword of reif?

Everyday I train my pet at mystery island training school. But I'm wondering is training defense is important in 1P Battledome?

Yes training your defense is important otherwise your HT shields are useless.

I'd say switch Jade Scorchstone with the LEV. The JSS is more expensive and does the same thing.

Change Meh to Positive Thinking and get the An Icicle at the Level 25 tier. Meditate definitely change to Shade.

KTrident is better since you only do 1P. Consider Sword of Reif only for 2P. Remove your Lens (don't sell it) to accommodate your KTrident.

If you sell the JSS for money, better get a Faerie Tabard. You still have 35 mil left. If you want, use that 35 mil for a Thyoras Tear.

MOST IMPORTANT: Do not stop training.

Kelpbeards Trident and Sword of Reif actually behave similarly. Both have a range of 16.25 - 24 icons, and they both average 18.02634 icons dealt. The major difference is in the icon types. SoReif concentrates on fire and physical, while KBT is mostly water. Which one you'd like to use depends on personal preference. Some battlers like to concentrate their icons into one type because, unless someone has a full blocker, it's harder to block. However, if your opponent does have a full blocker, it renders your weapon pretty useless, so some prefer to deal icons of different types so their opponent can't block them all. You'll need to decide which strategy you prefer.

Defense is incredibly important in the Battledome. To fully understand how defense works, you should read the guide at the Battlepedia. It will explain why defense is critical. As others have said, you get a lot more use out of your shields if you have good defense.

Here's an example. Right now you have a defense boost of 2.5. Your HNMS blocks all light, 5 water, 5 air, 5 earth, and 5 physical. That means the maximum amount of damage you can block is all light, 5 x 2.5 = 12.5 water, 12.5 air, 12.5 earth, and 12.5 physical. Say an opponent, like Plumbeard, attacks you with his Plumbeards Attack Pawkeet. Plumbeard's strength boost is around 5.5, so this means that he'll do 5 icons x 5.5 boost = 27.5 air damage, 3 x 5.5 = 16.5 earth damage, and 10 x 5.5 = 55 water damage. You will block 12.5 water, 12.5 earth, and 12.5 air, but you'll still take 15 air damage, 4 earth damage, and 42.5 water damage for a total of 61.5 damage.

However, if you were to take your 10m and invest in Armoured Neggs, which currently cost about 42K NP, you could buy 238 Armoured Neggs. After you feed them to your pet, you will have 325 defense, which is a boost of 6.5. Now, when Plumbeard attacks you, you will block 5 x 6.5 = 32.5 damage of each icon type (water, air, earth, and physical) with your HNMS. So, when he uses Plumbeards Attack Pawkeet, you won't take any air or earth damage, and you'll only take 22.5 water damage. See what a difference your defense made?

You may not want to use item training, since it will make your pet untrainable, but when you have such good weapons like you do, training is really all you can do to improve in the BD. So, as rockyroad1 said, don't stop training!

Wow thanks a lot guys for the advice, you have my eternal gratitude :laughingsmiley:

I from now on, I won't stop training my pet and I think I'll choose KBT instead of SoReif because it's cheaper

Also I'll try to remember to come to coltzan's shrine everyday, hoping oneday he gave me kings lens :rolleyes_anim:

To Battlepedia staff: you're the best, love this article so much http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/articles/viewarticle/melida/