Help and advice with BD set?

Planning to train my super weak korbat up, but here's the weapons I have ready for his disposal:

Hanso Charisma Charm

Ylanas Blaster

Dr. Sloth's Personal Bath Buddy

Altador Cup Throwing Star

Ghostkerbomb

Randomly Firing Freeze Ray

Faerie Tabard

Hubrid Nox Memorial Shield

Please critique and add suggestions :)

Thanks!

This is a nice set, but there are two huge flaws. We are not going to go into reflectors at the moment, because you should not focus on those at this level. I need to know your budget.

1. The Randomly Firing Freeze Ray is a massively flawed weapon due to the new battle system. What is your budget for a better freezer? The quality of freezers depends greatly on this. Also, are you sure you want to train your Korbat? In order Lennys, Pheophins, and Chias are best in that department. Weapons to get are...
H4000 Helmet [r101]
Once Per Battle

bd_h4000_helmet.gifDefense
Freeze Opponent

Notes
Limit One

Estimated cost: 6.4M - 7.5M NP
Restocks at: Space Weaponry
Freezing Potion [r98]
Once Per Battle

bd_icepotion.gifAttack
water.pngwater.png

Defense
100% Freeze

Notes
Limit One

Estimated cost: 6.9M-7.2M NP
Restocks at: Ice Crystal Shop
Magical Marbles of Mystery [r200]
Once Per Battle

marbles_of_doom.gifAttack
Three Physical

Defense
100%

Estimated cost: 7.4M NP
Restocks at: Hidden Tower

SPECIES

Golden Peophin Harp [r99]
Once Per Battle

bd_peophin_goldenharp.gifDefense
Three Dark and 100% Freeze

Notes
Limit One

Estimated cost: Unknown
Restocks at: Defense Magic

Entangling Lenny Lasso [r97]
Once Per Battle

bd_lenny_lasso.gifDefense
100% Freeze

Notes
Limit One
This item is called Freezing Potion when the opponent uses it against you.

Estimated cost: 3M NP
Restocks at: Battle Magic
Icy Chia Goggles [r99]
Once Per Battle

bd_chia_icegoggles.gifDefense
100% Freeze

Estimated cost: 2.025M - 2.475M NP
Restocks at: Nowhere

2 You are missing a healer! That is very, very important. I need to know your budget to tell you what to get though. If you get a Lenny, you are in the BANK!

Bag Of Lenny Healing Seeds [r99]
Once Per Battle

bd_lenny_healingseed.gifDefense
50% of Max HP

Notes
Limit one healer.

Estimated cost: 10M NP

If not, here is the equal...

Bag of Healing Dust [r99]
Once Per Battle

alm_magic_pouch.gifDefense
50% Max HP (no overheal)

Notes
Limit one healer

Estimated cost: 10M - 11M NP
Restocks at: Magic Marvels

Upgrade is... Don't buy Jade Scorchstone.

Leaded Elemental Vial [r99]
Once Per Battle

bpo_potion3.gifDefense
Full heal

Notes
Limit One.

Estimated cost: 30 - 45M NP
Restocks at: Royal Potionery

I don't have such a huge budget at the moment, so I would guess 1 million or less. And I put the wrong pet, sorry. It's a blumaroo right ow, but it's going to be a draik one day, although I was thinking Scorchio/Kau for resistances, or one of the species you listed above (super attack pea chia would be so cool!). Anyway, im willing to change the species to whatever is required to make my pet a great BDer.

And thanks so much for the feedback!

And what weapon do you think I should take out for the healer?

Thank the Battlepedia website. Excellent job they do there. http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/

For your healer, start with one of these two. (Whichever is cheaper)

Helm of Recovery [r95]
Once Per Battle

shw_helmetofrecovery.gifDefense
50 HP

Notes
Limit One

Estimated cost: 350K NP
Restocks at: Wonderous Weaponry
Greater Healing Scroll [r99]
Once Per Battle

bvs_heal3.gifDefense
Up to 50 HP (no overheal)

Notes
Limit One

Estimated cost: 300K - 400K NP
Restocks at: The Scrollery

If you want a little filler for now, I recommend the Blue Stone. These ones are good because they actually over heal.

Blue Scorchstone [r94]
Once Per Battle

new_dragonstone_6.gif

Defense
30 HP (with overheal)

Notes

Limit One

Estimated cost: 99K - 120K NP

If you want a better filler, chose the green stone.

Green Scorchstone [r96]
Once Per Battle

new_dragonstone_7.gifDefense
40 HP

Notes
Limit One

Estimated cost: 375K-625K NP

Remember that over-healers do NOT work yet, but they will! :)

As for freezers, stay with what you have for now, upgrading is not necessary yet. Good luck!

First off, too many constants. Get rid of your ACTS and go buy a Downsize! (yes with the exclamation point). For freezers, no choice but to save up. Perhaps MMoM. If you want to save on healers, morph into a Elephante and buy a Elephante Unguent. Same effect as BoHD but for 10 mil cheaper. Otherwise, get a GHS/Blue Scorchstone. LHS works too if you aren't willing to spend more than 20k on a healer.

Brains!! Brains Brains Brains Brains Brains Brains (That is seven words)

Rejuvenating Jar of Brains, at the trading post for 275ish np. Heals 60 hp, no overheal (that means if your pet is less than 60 hp down it only works as a full healer, as opposed to an overhealer that would heal you over your maximum health points)

Even if you don't need them now, someday Scarecrow, you will find brains very useful.

Okie doke :)

Here is my updated set:

Hanso Charm

Sloth Ducky

Ghostkerbomb

Stone Foam Finger

Randomly Firing Freeze Ray (when i get the cash, this is going bye bye for a better freezer)

Faerie Tabard

Hubrid Shield

Jar of Brains (if lab ray gives me an elephante, ill use the elephante unguent)

What do you guys think?

Thanks for any more feedback and advice! :)

BTW, are we talking 1-person or two person. It matters because HCC is only useful in 1-player if your opponent has a moderate possibility of throwing darkling power. In two person, it might always be a good idea to carry, but in two person you also have the option of flask of liquid light and its companion 14 icon battledome "spoiling the game for everyone" potions. I might not go with Liquid light as the parasol is too easily encountered, might go with the liquid fire instead.

For example, if fighting the Giant Mutant Whalen, since it never attacks with dark, no point to hold a HCC. You might as well carry an extra 15 icon muffin that you get dirt cheap.

The difference between 1-player and 2-player is the difference going on a date and being married. Say I were to enter a fight with someone of my relative position in a 2-player, be both have 500+ hp and I'd figure strength and defense similar to mine. Now, my best weapon is a KBT, whose butt you can spank and call Alice if my opponent has a FT or an enchanted Kiko. So, I need a good second weapon, not my WraithSmitter. I'd likely go with a Potion of Liquid Fire, but I might drop a shield and go with a second 14 icon potion.

(Flask of Liquid Fire, Flaming Blooble Potion and Sroom Fruit Potion). If the person has fought me in 2-player before they might just out think me and grab a cheap Shield of Reflection to got against my Liquid Light and to weaken the Blooble and Fire..

Now Freezing in 2-player, that really gets to the point you just have to Sing-your-Last-Song-To-the-Creator because today is a good day to die. Lot of people, just grab the two fairy freezing abilities and are done with it, but what if instead I use "Ssssh" and nullify their Lens Flare, and in the same turn use my Magic Marbles of Mystery. They might have had their item freezer prepped, but the very worse thing that can happen to me if they both have their item freezer prepped and they didn't use their Lens Flare but are rather reserving it for a latter turn.

Even if you've fought the before, a smart opponent will switch between Ssssh and Lens Flare, and always leave you guessing.

Thanks for the info! I didn't realize or catch any of that before, although the opponent being able to adjust according to your weaponry should have been obvious to me :P

So would the current set be only good for 1P? And is it a good enough set at that?or does it still need improvement?

Bump

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Vyvreb) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please do not bump topics. People will respond if they have anything to add.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Vyvren) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.