Logging in to Neopets while overseas

Mariposa

Hey all,

I really want to log in to play Neopets today but I'm a bit nervous about doing so. I live in (and play Neopets from) the U.S., and although I have never had any issues when logging in to Neopets from different states, I have just arrived in Europe and I'm worried that suddenly logging into my account from a different continent may trigger TNT's suspicions.

I already had to call my bank in advance to tell them not to freeze my credit card for "suspicious activity" when I make purchases overseas, and today when I logged into my e-mail account, it immediately sent me messages saying that there had been "suspicious activity" because it didn't recognize the login location. So now I am worried that if I log in to Neopets from the overseas location, then my Neopets account might be frozen for "suspicious activity" as well.

Does anyone have any experience with playing Neopets while abroad, or advice on what I should do? I'm really wanting to get to the Battledome for the Obelisk War, but I don't want to risk my account over it and I am leaning towards waiting to play until I get back home...

I don't think you should have any issues. I think the "suspicious activity" email was the site's way of saying that it doesn't recognize where you are as somewhere you normally log in from and is asking if it's really you.

No issues whatsoever for neopets! I used to live in Europe, my parents are still there, and my account was actually started there :) Of course, still take all your normal precautions when logging in from a computer that isn't your own, and if you have the birthday protection on, it will ask you for your birthday if it doesn't recognize your IP address.

The suspicious activity on your email was probably simply it not recognizing your IP address.

Great, thank you everyone for your replies! Now I feel ok about logging in. :laughingsmiley:

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie).
The original topic is now answered and will be closed.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.
Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Spritzie if you have any questions regarding this action.