Community Challenge

emkatrine

Hello everyone :)

I can see that Neopets have started something called a community challenge, which this year revolves around smurfs.

What do you have to do to receive a prize? Play the games everyday?

And I can't seem to see any statistics f.x. about completed games?

Anyone ? :)

From what I've read, you just have to play each of the games once a week, and you'll get the prize at the end of the week. :)

According to the instructions, you must play each game at least once each round to qualify for the main prize.

In the past, the community has failed to play enough and not gotten the prizes, so I wouldn't recommend just playing once a week, unless you're super-super busy. The games are an easy 6k/day, anyway, so you may as well get the free NP.

I've never heard of this community challenge thing before. What kind of prizes are usually released for this kind of thing? Anything worth having?

This is the first one I've been a part of. You can see the prizes on the community challenge page- it looks like a couple of books, a Light Faerie, and some other stuff I can't make out. Definitely seems to be worth it, especially considering how little you actually have to do.

The prizes are often medium rarity items, and sometimes special one-time-only items (especially the grand prize). The grand prize is often a wearable; last time for the Smurfs, it was a gnome hat. And then of course there are the NP.

These are sponsored, so sometimes they're U.S. only, unfortunately. :(