What does each boon do?

Lady Lyuba

First, I'm so happy we, the Awakened, won this round, as I knew we would. Let's all celebrate with some cake! Yay! But, now that we've won the boons - what does each boon do? I can kinda take a guess, but I'd really like to know for sure which one is the most beneficial (They all sound beneficial really) before deciding. If anybody has a guide, you've got my gratitude. ^^ Thanks! :D

I earned over 92k from the wheel boon last time (but I also landed on the 20k space on WoE). I've been keeping track, and on average WoMed nets (taking into account the cost of the spin already) ~450-460 NP per spin, while WoE nets somewhere around 250-265 NP per spin (it might be a little less than that; the average has been dropping steadily as I get farther away from the 20k win, but the dropping has slowed down, so I think I'm getting closer to the true average). I don't have enough data for WoK or WoMon yet (WoSpendy isn't profitable for me right now because of my lower training costs -- though as they increase, it might become profitable again -- it's just a matter of whether I want to spend that many NP.) At any rate, you can calculate how often you can spin WoMed and WoE this week, multiply it by the average, and figure out roughly how much you can expect to win.

I earned 29.7k from the quest boon, because I bought a quest cookie. Red codestone prices have gone up a lot since then, so it'd be worth a lot more now than it was then (probably ~45k). I calculated that if you traded in all air and all light, you'd average ~2 extra stats in a week -- my air kept turning into air, so I only got 1 extra stat, but you can calculate potential winnings based on what it costs you to train up 2 stats. If you don't have a cookie, this probably won't be worth it unless you tend to get a quest about once a day.

The 10% shop discount might be worth it if you restock often, but you'd have to spend 500k over the week on restocking to save 50k. I'm not sure how much the book boon could save -- I guess it depends on how high your intelligence is vs. where you want it to go, and what books you've already read. Since intelligence doesn't qualify you for a book award, and my pets have enough intelligence for their weapons already, I didn't really see the point.

Well, wouldn't you know, we've got a guide for that: http://www.thedailyneopets.com/obelisk-war/boons/

(Said in the "there's an app for that!" voice.) ;)

Perfect, thank you! (Lol, there's an app for that). :D I'm thinking of choosing the faerie quest boon. The only question is, should I crack open the fortune cookie afterward? How long do I have before I have to make my choice?

Perfect, thank you! (Lol, there's an app for that). :D I'm thinking of choosing the faerie quest boon. The only question is, should I crack open the fortune cookie afterward? How long do I have before I have to make my choice?

You can pick at any time, but you only have until the timer runs out. Once the timer is gone your boon time is over no matter when you selected your boon. (So picking sooner is better.)

If you have one, I would deff. open a Faerie Cookie. Otherwise there is no way to be sure you'll even get a Faerie Quest during the week.

You can pick at any time, but you only have until the timer runs out. Once the timer is gone your boon time is over no matter when you selected your boon. (So picking sooner is better.)

If you have one, I would deff. open a Faerie Cookie. Otherwise there is no way to be sure you'll even get a Faerie Quest during the week.

I did just that and it's working well. I requested a refresh as soon as I got an Air Faerie. :D Unfortunately, I forgot to claim my quest tonight (as I completely forgot to visit Neo until after midnight to feed my pets. :P)