Scroll of Ultranova as a Beginner Constant?

I was randomly looking around for weapons on the Battlepedia, and this one struck my eye. It does 11 icons and can be bought at 100-500 NP at the Shop Wizard, so I was wondering why I hadn't seen it in the Basic Weapon Sets page. As it turns out, I actually did; it was in Intermediate, and was claimed to be priced at 45k NP.

So, my question is, was this deflation in price quite recent, or was the page just not updated? If so, wouldn't this be considered the best Constant for beginners? The ones currently showcased do 2-4 less icons at 10x the price.

Actually, the Scroll of Ultranova only does 3.4 icons each of fire and air, which means its total iconage is 9.8, which is a full icon less than 11. However, that's just a stronger argument for why it should be a beginner weapon instead. Honestly, I think the reason it was considered an intermediate weapon was because the price was much higher than it is now. I don't know what caused the deflation of it, but I'd be interested to know if someone else did.

Perhaps we need to reconsider where it is placed on the guide!

If ONLY it were that simple that the deciimals rounded up or down. ;)

Maybe this short guide can give you a good idea of how it works, it's quite useful if you want to know where the boosts are located and how much each one adds to your attack/defense.

http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/articles/viewarticle/battle-strength-defense-boosts/

Let me see if I can do this while being INCREDIBLE tired. (insomnia)

Say....

9.8 (icon damage) x 5.5 (strength boost) would be 53.9 damage.

as opposed to..

11 (icon damage) x 5.5 (strength boost) would be 60.5 damage

I think the battle damage rounds up. But right now I'm so tired I'm kinda blanking. (half-here and half not. lol)

Frankly, I think instead of decimals, TNT could just add say, a percentage variable to the attacks/defends to randomize damage a bit without the need for sorting out which weapons have fractals and which do solid icon damage. But that's just my opinion. ;) Hope this helps!

Yes, Aquamentis12 is right. Depending on your strength boost, 3.4 will not always round up to 4, and 9.8 will definitely not always round up to 11. Also, I think the Battledome does always round up. So, using his example, 9.8 x 5.5 = 53.9 damage would appear as 54, but 9.8 x 11 = 60.5 damage would appear as 61.

Similarly, let's assume your opponent blocked all of two of the icons, and were left with just the 3.4 of either fire or air. The Battledome's log will say that you did 4 icons from that weapon. If you had a strength boost of 1, then your damage would be 3.4, which would round up to 4 and look like it was 4 icons. But if you had a higher strength boost, say 2, you would do 3.4 icons x 2 boost = 6.8 damage, which would round up to 7 damage. However, you would expect to do 4 icons x 2 boost = 8 damage.

If you have any higher strength boost, the difference is even more pronounced.