What is an autobuyer?

jadeeegarr

I was looking up guides on restocking and I stumbled across one where the guide was on a forum and the guide was talking about "ab" and the freeze rate of certain shops and I was really confused, cause restocking isn't against the rules. Then I noticed people replying talking about autobuyers, so clearly they're against the rules and help people cheat in some way. But I tried searching the term to see exactly what they do because I'm curious but I couldn't find much and I was just wondering what they do.

DISCLAIMER- I do not agree with or condone cheating and I'm not trying to obtain an autobuyer or cheat in any shape or form. I am merely curious about what they do.

If I understand them correctly, they're programs that purchase the item for you - usually targeted at items like Draik Eggs and Morphing Potions - so you don't have to actually be there and attempting to restock items that otherwise would disappear at the blink of an eye for most connections.

It does exactly what the name suggests, automatically buys things from main shops so you don't have to i.e. it restocks for you. It is a program, it is illegal by Neopets rules, and therefore shouldn't be discussed in extent :)

It does exactly what the name suggests, automatically buys things from main shops so you don't have to i.e. it restocks for you. It is a program, it is illegal by Neopets rules, and therefore shouldn't be discussed in extent :)

I know I only quoted one reply, but both were good answers. I was a little worried about asking about it because I didn't want to break any rules, but thank you for answering :)

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie).

The original topic is now answered and will be closed.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Spritzie if you have any questions regarding this action.