Pre-Cup Interview With Layton Vickles

xblade356

Obligatory disclaimer: This news report is largely fictional, composed from various fan comments and the whims of our imagination in an attempt to inspire a sense of realism through our reporting. While we do our best to keep things reasonably neutral, this report is in no way intended to be a completely bias-free representation of the parties involved, nor does it claim to provide critical analysis of past and potential outcomes from qualified Altador Cup experts. If professional analysis is what tickles your fancy, take a look at our predictions (global/daily).

This is xblade356 from The Daily Neopets, on site at Darigan Citadel, with an exclusive Pre-Cup Interview with Layton Vickles. I met Layton a few years ago, when I was screaming my lungs out cheering for him. We both went to get slushies, and ever since then, we've been great friends, and I was excited when I was able to finally interview him.

darigancitadel_c.gif

Thanks for this opportunity to interview you Layton! It's an honor to be here!

No problem. The honor isssss all mine.

Ok Layton, let's get started shall we. Many fans are wondering how has your team been preparing for the Altador Cup?

Well, I can't reveal the exact detailsssss of our training, but I can sssssay that is wasssss a very grueling offseason. We've all been practicing very hard, and we really want to take home the Cup for a sssssecond year.

Speaking about taking home the Cup for a second year, who do you think has the best chance at winning?

I think that we have a good chance at winning, but I also think Meridell hasss a good chance. We both have reasssson to be motivated after being sssssso closssse to victory lasssst year.

Awesome! Which teams are you looking forward the most to playing against?

I'm really looking foward to facing againssst Kreludor. Lasssst year they gave us a beating, and thisssss year I would love to be able to return the favor.

Ah yes, Kreludor. As I recall, you guys faced off numerous times against each other throughout the tournament. How did that affect your gameplay?

Facing againssst Kreludor actually encouraged me to be better. Playing with ssstrong teamssss only makesssss you better. Although I have to be honesssst with you, it got tiring after a while.

It must've been. Let's talk about the tournament format. Last year, they changed the format from a double round robin system to a bracket system. Did you like this new format, or would you prefer the old one? What changes would you suggest to make the new system better?

Thisssss passsst yearsssss format was certainly interessssting to say the leasssst. I liked the old format better, but it never hurtssss to try ssssomething new. Last year, assss you sssssaw in our casssse, we faced againsssst Kreludor many timessss. If they are able to fix the deck in our favor, we would enjoy the tournament more. Sssssso what is the next question?

Oh um. Well what are some things that you're looking forward to the most this year? And what are some things that you are not looking forward to?

I'm really looking forward to our wonderful fansssss. They're the reasssson that we do very well, and I just want to thank them for all their hard work and dedication to our team. I'm definitely dredging having to play with the Darigan yooyussssss. I know they're ssssort of like our team massscot, but everytime one appearsssss on the field, we all get nervoussss. Esssspecially Reshar, because you never know which way the ball issss going to go.

I definitely understand, I've had my fair share of bad experiences with them. Now Layton, one more question. Throughout this interview, you've been relatively calm when Kreludor has been mentioned, and I'm wondering what's up with that? Do you have a something planned in store for them? Or have you really forgiven them for last year events?

[smiles Mischievously ] Well, you'll find out in a few weekssssss. It's going to be a surprise. [Winks at me]

Ok, can't wait! Well, it seems I'm all out of questions. Do you have anything else to say?

Jusssst one thing. Get ready, caussssse we're coming for the Cup.

ac9_darigan.gif

Well, I guess this is it. Reporting from Darigan Citadel this is xblade356 signing off. See you at the Altador Cup! Bye!

Ohhh, my bad now I know... I thought that hissi's didn't do that for real.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Lydia Trebond) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at least 7 words long. Adding off-topic words for word count is also not allowed.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Ohhh, my bad now I know... I thought that hissi's didn't do that for real.

As far as I'm aware it depends on the Hissi. ;) It's kind of like an accent - some are more prone to it, others not so much, and there are different varieties of hisses. Some Hissis work to get rid of the hiss, and some others work on it as a style thing.