Did the apple fall far from the tree?

Naamah D.

Do your parents and yourself have similarites other than appearance? My mom and I both agreed that the apple didn't fall from the tree. We like some of the same music and we appreciate "darker" things. Even though I haven't seen him in forever, my mom says my biological dad and I have a lot of similarites I just don't know what they are yet. What about you guys?

Despite my mom's semi-reluctance to admit it, we both share the same stubbornness :P We're also both pretty giving and often go out of our way to help those closest to us. From my dad, my mom says I inherited his sense of justice and a streak of weltschmerz (he used to feel really bad about things that he couldn't do anything about and I'm the same way).

I also have some personality traits that apparently skipped a few generations; I got my temper from my paternal great-grandfather (*/ω\*)

I'm a pretty good mix of both of my parents.

Physically, I seem to take after my mom and her side of the family more. (My sister takes more after my dad and his side)

Personality-wise, I have my dad's kindness, shyness and general patience. But I also take after my mom in the fact when poked and prodded, I will bite. :P I can get annoyed, frustrated and raise my voice a bit like she does. Also, once I get to know someone, I come out of my shell and I really talk, a lot, which is definitely from my mom. I also evenly seem to share interests with both parents. Music and playing instruments from both, music tastes I share more with my mom. I love shopping (totally my mom), travel (totally my dad).

I also have a some physical features that must have come from further back in the family history though we don't know which sides, since they're nothing like either of my parents or my sister. Like my lighter hair (and the fact that it's straight instead of curly/wavy like them), lighter skin tone, and different colored eyes.

I am a copy of my father (obviously the gender part didn't quire transfer :D) and nothing like my mother. I look like my father, talk like my father, share his love for sarcasm and slightly inappropriate jokes (only with close people). With people we are not close to we are both reserved and don't talk a lot unless someone specifically asks us something. He would walk through fire for his brother, my sister is the apple of my eye. We don't care how much we give, and we usually never resolve to taking. My mother... is the complete opposite, short of the giving part, although with her mental problems progressing she is definitely more paranoid about giving. So in terms of my father, the apple was so lazy it barely fell from the tree, in terms of my mother, it is as if the apple came from a pear tree :D

I'm a fairly equal mix of my mom and my dad in looks. :D I've got shoulder-length straight brown hair (which is actually wavy a little bit from having it tucked up in a braid all the time), lots of freckles, fair skin and brown eyes (My dad insists they're brown, and my mom insists that they're hazel :P).

My dad has hair that's slightly more ginger than mine and brown eyes. My mom has dark brown hair that is almost black and hazel eyes. Both my parents have freckled skin and a slender body type, just like me.

I think I got a fair balance of my mom and dad in personality, too. With people I don't know too well, I'm a little shy, but still friendly. With my friends and family I'm crazy and make a lot of jokes. (All of my family tend to do that, whether it's my mom's side or my dad's side).

I'm much like my dad in some ways- we laugh at (most of) the same things, we share an interest in drawing and singing, and we both love to read.

My mom and I both enjoy reading, sowing, cats and owls, and we both are generally nice and forgive easily, but will bite when aggravated.

I'm adopted, so...this is a little different for me to answer. I have no idea who my biological parents are.

BUT...my mom has a love for classical music and musicals. I too, love those.

I'm the only "artsy-fartsy" person in my family. Everyone else is business oriented. They're all awesome, though. There are 4 of us, and the eldest, my brother, he is adopted as well.

:yes: :thumbsup: