Battledome Set Help

I have been saving up money (for the big 3 avatars, but weapons will be good collateral), and I want to improve my battledome set. I have 13.55 million to spend and I don't mind using all of it. Most of my weapon set is stuff I won (all but the RFFR), so I've never really put much work into building a set. Also, I almost exclusively do 1p battledome.

My weapon set:

Bow of Destiny

Ramtors Spellbook

Scarab Ring

Lesser Healing Scroll

Randomly Firing Freeze Ray

My stats:

Level:33

Health:331

Strength:253

Defense:114

Movement:123

I think I should get a shield (and I need to improve defense). I do plan on getting a Heavy Robe of Thievery once I get movement over 200 (which is where I will probably leave it). Anybody have any advice?

Let me guess: you've got a lab rat! Here are some suggestions for you.

Training. Training will always help. You can get a lot more bang for your buck by training, typically. Since your pet is currently un-trainable, you may have to rely on item training, but it's worth it in the long run. A pet with 650 strength can do more damage with a Bow of Destiny than a pet with 250 strength can do with a Super Attack Pea. By similar logic, you'll also want to increase your defense. A shield won't do you much good until you increase defense. Your defense boost is a measly 2.5. The next boost is at 125, so you're pretty close, but even that won't help you too much with your high HP. If you want to do item training, Armoured Neggs are pretty much the cheapest reliable increaser for defense. Also, if you train your level, you can get some really good faerie abilities. Lens Flare is one of my favorites, and it's available for pets that are Level 50 or above.

Attack weapons. Bow of Destiny and Ramtors Spellbook are both pretty good weapons. Your Scarab Ring definitely could be upgraded; with the new weapons that have been released, it's not really a great weapon even for a beginner anymore. If you're interested in upgrading, then I would recommend going for something with more icons like Dr Sloths Personal Bath Buddy. If you want to spend a few less NP, then consider Ylanas Blaster, Brynns Legendary Sword of Wraith Smiting, or Altador Cup Throwing Star, or even another Bow of Destiny. If you want to spend more NP, then I would recommend going up to Kelpbeards Trident, Skarls Hasty Mace, or an anagram sword like Sword of Reif. I would say attack weapons aren't your priority, though, since BoD and RS work just fine for you, so I hesitate to recommend something like KBT, since it would use up a lot of your budget. If you have NP left to spend, it would be good to upgrade, but I'd look at something else first.

Shields. You don't have a shield in your set, so it would be good to keep one around. A good one for lab rats is Parasol of Unfortunate Demise, since it defends with your opponent's boost rather than your own. Plus, it's a full light blocker. Other options include Leaf Shield, Patched Magic Hat, or possibly Sophies Magic Hat. You could aim for the shields at the level of Hubrid Nox Memorial Shield or Faerie Tabard, but with your low defense, it would not be wise to spend that many NP on a shield. Stick to cheap shields while you have a low defense, and after you increase it, then spring for the better shields. Also, definitely get Downsize!. Since it's a percentage blocker, it doesn't rely on your defense boost, so it can really be helpful during battles.

Healing. You should upgrade your Lesser Healing Scroll. With your HP, 25 HP of healing doesn't mean much to you. You could get a Greater Healing Scroll. Alternatively, you could also consider Velms Healing Potion. It wouldn't give you as many HP, but it's a lot cheaper than GHS and it gives you more HP than your LHS. Plus, if you plan to keep zapping, Velms might become better for you than GHS.

Freezer. RFFR is pretty much the best freezer around before the 100% freezers like H4000 Helmet or Magical Marbles of Mystery. If you like freezing, you might want to spring for a 100% freezer, but it's up to you.

Stealer. You mentioned you've got your eye on a HRoT. HRoT is nice, especially now that you have a chance to get something good rather than just the first slot of a set. If you're looking for something to tide you over until you can use HRoT, you could go for a Purple Sticky Hand or a Green Sticky Hand.

Bomb. Once-per-battle bombs can be really useful, especially if your strategy involves a lot of freezing. If you're looking for a multi-use bomb, there are really only two good options. The cheaper one is Rainbow Clockwork Grundo, and the expensive one is Ghostkerbomb. Gbomb is the best bomb there is; you'll definitely get your NP worth from it. If you don't want to spend all those NP, you could stick to one-use bombs. 15-icon muffins like Brain Muffin and Icy Muffin are good ones.

In the battledome of the near future labrats are as doomed as battleships. The new abilities, Lens Flares being a unbelievable freezer that I don't see how anyone will stand a chance without it. Since your level is so low, you're going to be able to train several times per day with codestones. Add on to this five Terror Trove scratchcards a day. Get your level up to where you can use lensflare.

Since your defense is relatively low, then the two affordable full blockers are HCC and ASwordbreaker. For one player battledome, if you are fighting Sydney than you need HCC, there are a couple of others where HCC is a quick path to warrior's cooue. Swordbreaker is great for a variety of 1-players, but then again F. Kougra Totem used to be almost as effective and much cheaper.

For 1-player battledome, lens flare isn't necessary, though, so lab rats aren't redundant for their original purpose.

I would say that constant-wise, you should at least upgrade the RSB to a battle buddy, despite Lamppost saying that your constants are fine as they are. I'd recommend also upgrading your Bow of Destiny to a Skarls Hasty Mace if you're willing to spend that much. I'd say to definitely get an Altadorian Swordbreaker and a Parasol of Unfortunate Demise as well. I'd say that in terms of everything else, Lamppost gave all the advice that you need.

However, I wouldn't get a Swordbreaker yet, they will eventually get down to less than 100k, I bought three at around 50k pre war.

Nice profit. Right now, even with scratchcard inflation go for increasing your level.

Parasol is a full light blocker, but light is not common at your level. The rest of the icons, sort of blah. When you are ready to go for the space fae, it is needed. For the rest of the battledome it is dubious.

I wouldn't get a shield. Your D is low, and the more you crunch the numbers, the more you realize they don't help all that much. They depend a lot on what your opponent is carrying, to the point you'll likely need to carry 2 or 3 to be well protected. Then what if you use the wrong one when they switch weapons?

I would get a Kelpbeards Trident (or SHM; everyone seems to like that more these days), Hanso Charisma Charm, Parasol of Unfortunate Demise, Downsize!, and an upgraded Healer. GHS is pretty cost effective. Beyond that you'll be paying a lot more for not all that much. Definitely get Lens Flare. Free turns are awesome.

I think that'll all be within your budget.

Parasol and the Charisma charm are great D for you cuz your D boost is lower, and they block all of an icon. The HCC is probably one of the best all around weapons in the game. It hits just about as hard as your constants so.... With your lower D boost, I wouldn't really bother with any shields or Dual duties that block numbers of icons. I think Downsize and full icon blockers are probably more your speed, because you can't get hamstrung by your D boost.

Next time you find yourself with a large chunk of money to spend, I think a MMOM is the way to go.

You guys are awesome, especially Lamppost. Thats a lot to consider but it is very, very helpful. I think what I might do is keep training, pick up a few of the cheaper items (like Downsize and PoUD, and I already got VHP), and then wait til the next HT discount day to finalize what I decide to buy. I'm leaning toward the Ghostkerbomb.

So is it a good idea for me to get another dual duty? Are there any that are worth me buying at this point?

So is it a good idea for me to get another dual duty? Are there any that are worth me buying at this point?

Personally, I don't love dual duties beyond beginner status. Beyond beginners' weapons, your options are pretty limited because there aren't many good ones. They're especially not helpful for lab rats because of their low defense boosts. However, they are the best way for lab rats to get any defense, because they don't have to give up a weapon slot for something that isn't going to have a strong boost. I think the usefulness of dual duties depends on your strategy. My strategy for my lab rat is to hit my opponent as hard and as often as I can so I finish them off before they can do much damage to me. It involves a lot of freezing and a lot of icons. For that strategy, pure attack weapons are better because I can get a lot more icons out of them. If you have a different strategy, you may find some dual duties useful.

Others have mentioned most of the upper level dual duties. The ones recommended by the Battlepedia on the Basic Weapon Sets guide are Hanso Charisma Charm, Altadorian Swordbreaker, Jhudoras Cursed Sword, Rusty Pitchfork, and Golden Compass. Because of your low defense boost, you'll get the most out of HCC and ASB, since they are full blockers. HCC is really nice because it still has 10 attack icons, which is the same as your Ramtors Spellbook, plus a full block for dark. I'm not a huge fan of ASB because it only has 5 attack icons, but a full physical blocker could come in handy since so many weapons deal a lot of physical damage - for example, the anagram swords.

P.S. Thanks for the compliment! :)

The only reason for your lab rat to use defense will be in the following scenario:

1. You have traded several rounds with your opponent.

2. You find yourself at the last round.

3. Your health points are low and your opponent's health points are low.

4. The most likely attack/attack end game will lead to a draw.

For example, let us say I was attacking Vira. After trading attacks, I find myself in Round 4 with 50-25 hp while Vira is down to 10 hp.

It does not matter that I can out attack Vira, we're both finished in the final round.

In this case, you might use a shield, or two. Personally, I would use two shields, and rely upon my icicle for attack.

For Vira, an HCC is good, against the Giant Mutant Walen it is worthless. I would couple HCC with another shield Royal Blue Cape, or Sophie's Magic Hat. Both of those are very pricey now, and do not work in all situations. It is better to have a shield with eight defense icons that block eight attack icons, than a shield that blocks 13 attack icons that are not there. Study the weapons of your 1-p opponents, arm yourself accordingly for the situation.

-Colonel-

So I've trained my battledome pet up to level 50 and chosen Lens Flare. I'm thinking that what I will do is just train level up to 250 and then use the ninja training school because its cheaper. And getting a greater healing scroll won't be worth it to me, since I can use my war points to get a rejuvenating jar of brains (and then sell it later once my HPs are high enough to make VHP a better item for me or once I can afford a better healer).