Which NC Mall Items Are Worth Buying?

D305

Did a quick search, didn't really find any threads that had the same question.

Not sure if this is the right place for NC Mall questions, but here goes:

I'm not sure yet if I'll be buying NC, but if I was to, what are items that are actually worth buying?
I don't do any sort of customization, so any items for pets would not be considered worth it to me.

Anyone have any ideas off the top of their heads? Or perhaps a guide or something that lists benefits of certain items and such?

If you need any more information from me such as what I personally do on neopets to figure out something suitable for my play style, let me know!

Thanks to anyone who can provide some info :)

"Worth" is subjective. How much are these pixels worth to you? I have never bought NC, though I have won a fair amount over the years from Expellibox and various site events. After having some expire on me and TNT deciding that I would like some Tyrannian furniture and wearables (they were wrong), I've made it a point to at least stay somewhat aware of what's going on in the NC Mall. For example, I have a beach-themed gallery, so before some of the NC games' beach-themed prizes expired, I went ahead and bought a token and played, because my NC would have expired before next summer (when more beach-themed items would be released), anyway. Had I had enough on hand, I would have bought some of the faerie quest cookies instead. In general, I do only buy customization/gallery items with my NC (the gorgeous sunset background is gorgeous, for example, and having it behind my active pet makes my missing of the beach less acute), because I usually don't have enough for anything else.

Noda's fortune cookies are for non-customization aspects of the site. I think there's one to speed up training. If you're a gamer, I think there are (or were) ways to get extra plays or extra NP or something. There are Neohome items, KQ tokens, and various games (which usually award wearables, I think). And then there are usually NC events to accompany regular site events -- again, these usually award wearables. There are morphing experiments that will award several wearables at the end (but they're fun to watch).

Mostly, the NC Mall is for customization. It's not required for the game, and TNT's worked pretty hard to make sure you can't get an unfair advantage in the game using real $.

If you don't do customization at all, most of the mall would be pretty useless to you, as it's nearly all wearables and furniture. The only things you might find useful are the fortune cookies, and maybe the KQ tokens. Everything else is strictly for awarding wearables. There are a few NC foods that will bloat your pet, but I would judge these as a waste of money because it's easy to find free/cheap food around Neopia.

Fortune Cookie Guide (the ones for Site Perks are in the bottom half)

Token Listing (Each token bought from the Mall awards a wearable when activated. The NC Mall tokens are linked to the item they award)

I was hoping there would be something nicer to grab from there. I do like habitarium, so I may end up getting something for that (the colors most likely). I'm not too sure I'd want to the cookies.. The game ones seems pointless to me, same with training as I won't always be around to take advantage of the faster times. It would be between the ray and the quest one, but the ray seems like a waste.

Is the quest one more likely to give you quests or just once a day is guaranteed and no boost in getting other quests that day? If it has a chance of giving you multiple I would consider that one.

Anyways thanks for the info :)

You get to collect one guaranteed quest every day for a week. It doesn't seem to boost your chances getting them as REs, but you can still get them through random events if you've currently got a cookie active. I've been using cookies pretty steady for a few months and have received REs while a cookie was active.... maybe 5 times? But like the normal RE quests, the ones you get from the cookie are random. You could luck out and get a bunch of great ones, or have to deal with the Air Faerie everyday :/ I will say it IS nice to be guaranteed at least one per day. I've gotten pretty lucky with mine and of the couple dozen I've bought, I've gotten 2 FFQs and quite a few Battle Faerie Quests. But others have used more cookies than me and haven't had as good a luck, so it's a gamble.

I hope the NC you're planning on spending is accumulated from getting it free through the site. It doesn't sound like you're impressed with anything enough to make it worth spending real money on it.

Thanks for the info Emily. And yeah I don't think I'll be buying them to be honest.

But as we're on the topic, where can you accumulate NC from? Is it just the qasalan place? Because I've never gotten the prize from that. ;x

That's the only place where you can regularly win it. It has been given out for various site events, as well as promotions for Petpet Park and Monkey Quest (the NC transfers between sister sites, but you won't get notices that it's going to expire except on the site that you won it on -- I lost the free NC from Monkey Quest because I never actually played it because it was incompatible with my system, and so I didn't realize it was expiring soon. Some of my NC just poofed one day, and when I sent a ticket, I was told it had been converted to a MQ item, which is useless to me, of course).

• 2 weeks later...

my dad has a unfair advantage becuse he buys nc i do not buy nc and the nc Mall is mostly for games.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your post on topic. This is for discussing which NC items are worth buying. If you do not have anything to add to the conversation, please just don't post.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.