Moltara Worm Quest

zorna

http://www.thedailyneopets.com/articles/moltara-worm-quest/

that's TDN's guide for it ^_^

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above. Links do not contribute to the word count.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

• 2 months later...

I have been trying to finish quest for 2 months I cant seem to find the black or rainbow worm, am I doing something wrong?

IIRC the worms are timed, and these two are quite rare to see. Just keep going. It took me forever to get them too.

I mapped out all my times (the worms appear in 5 minute intervals, so you can actually check every ten minutes, just before and just after a change), over the course of a few weeks, when the worms were first released. My black worm only appears 5 times a day; my rainbow one only appears 4 times a day (and two of those are 25 minutes apart). I'm not sure you really need to map when the others appear, except maybe in the windows when you're usually on, so you can know when to grab them quickly (you'll find a window when most of the worms appear at once, so you only have to visit ~3-4 times total per day to get all your worms). The longest any of my others go without an appearance is a just-under-two-hours window, for either my pink or white, but the rest usually appear at least once each hour, and I have the times memorized closest to my black and rainbow worms. (I actually have a 15.01 minute window in which all my worms appear, but I'm not usually on Neopets at that time.)

While mapping your times, you'll forgo collecting worms (because once you have them, they won't appear again), so I found it helpful to map towards the end of the Neopian day first, so that I knew when my "last" black and "last" rainbow worm were going to be -- and if you're not planning on mapping past the latest hour you have previously, make sure you grab them so you can complete the quest that day! This was especially true for me since my last rainbow worm is 8:15pm my time -- and NST doesn't end until 3am my time, so I didn't map much past midnight until I traveled to the west coast. Once I realized that I wasn't planning on staying up late to see if another rainbow appeared, I made sure to grab it.

And as long as you're mapping times, you might as well check the magma pool to see when the guard is awake for you (I think that's a ten-minute window, once per day).

• 1 year later...

I have a question about this as well. I have nine worms, I just miss the pink one. Can I still complete the quest or do I need to start over?

You would just need to wait until it appears before you can fill your lantern. It might take some time (a few have taken me weeks to capture) but eventually you'll get all 10 and complete it.