TCG: Where To Start?

siouxdax

Hello all (me, once again):

How do I begin the very most basic TCG? I see options for users with experience and references to knowledge of the basic TCG, but I can't find it! Can someone help?

Okay, so does no one play the TCG?

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post or bump topics. Please remember that these are not the NeoBoards and there won't always be someone around to answer quickly, and your topic will also not disappear as quickly as on the NeoBoards. Also, if you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I don't play the TCG. I have no idea how to play it, actually. I think the game was mostly in real life, not on Neopets. I've never been able to figure out the purpose of TCG cards on Neopets.

I assumed it's just another collection type thing. Similar to stamps I suppose?

I haven't looked into it, so I don't know if there is some kind of game component..

I know when you purchase the physical card sets the packs come with an online code you can redeem for items. There are one or two items on my gallery wishlist that are unbuyable because they are code items, so I poked around to see what that entailed and I just don't know that I can bring myself to spend $4.00 a pack and not know for certain that the code will give me what I want. At least with NC Mall you know what you're getting yourself into.

As for the cards on Neopets, I have no idea what their purpose is either. I think the collection aspect of the cards is all there is to it. I've been playing Neopets for a while and I've never seen them put to use for on Neopets tournaments or anything of that nature.

There was a TCG staff tournament a long, long time ago, but I'm pretty sure they played with the TCG cards, in real life, in the office, and then posted the results on-line. I have no idea how to play the game IRL; I've never seen the cards. I would assume they come with instructions.

Hey all:

Thanks so much for your input, and to the moderators, please accept my apologies for bumping the topic. It didn't occur to me that on this forum it may take some time before getting a response.

So I guess if it's just a regular, mainly physical card trading game, then I'm far too old for that. Sometimes I think I'm too old for Neopets altogether, but I refuse to be believe it. Neopets is a lot of fun, and since I'm disabled with nothing but time on my hands, Neopets can fill a lot of that time. Plus I just love my pets and their petpets; even my P3s. :)

Thanks again, everyone!