Secret Lab Map - Worth it?

b055ftw

Hello there.

I just bought the entire secret lab map and before I actually put it together, I figure I'd ask for some input from you guys:

Is the lab map worth such the large pricetag?

What's the best experience you've had with the lab map?

Should I get it?

I appreciate absolutely any input at all!

Thanks a bunch

-Dave

For me it'ts really worth talking about a long term investiment! Because if a bit of lucky and patient you'll be able to get almost all the pets avatars and have a BD pet. And you may be able to have your dream pet as well!

The best that the lab had done to me was a grey woocky in a old account

I've had the SLM for a while and I've gotten a Lutari, an Ice Xweetok and a Grey Xweetok. Depends on what you want it for; it's not very good for training as it will make you have ridiculously high HP, strength and relatively low level, defense and movement. If you zap for a long time, the high HP and strength plus a good shield to cover your low defense might make the pet a very good battler. There are people who use it for changing pounded pets into decent colours/species so they will be adopted.

And the map's price has gone down significantly. I got mine after finding the most expensive piece in a RE and then found the 100k piece, and decided to keep them and try for the whole map. It's worth it in the long run IMO. Keep us updated if you decide to use it! You could get lucky and get a Chocolate, Jelly, Ice or other interesting zap. :)

We actually had a long discussion on the secret lab map recently, in the help forum. You might find some of the answers there helpful.

My short answer is: yes, it has paid for itself multiple times over, saving me millions of NP on training (plus a lot of time, too). You can keep a pet's stats balanced while training if you're careful. Mine are currently:

Lvl : 315
Str : 626
Def : 628
Hp : 322 / 630

If the lab map interests you, and you know that you'll find enjoyment out of it I definitely think it's worth the buy.

I recently two weeks ago put the lab map together on my account ~finally~ and my first zap was a Maraquan Shoyru. I know.. I couldn't believe it either. I have adopted out a couple of REALLY nice (and expensive) painted pets over my time and I'm hoping I get some nice zaps over the coming years!

I love my lab map, and although it was expensive, I don't regret it. It's the only reason that my pet stood a bit of a chance in this war, plus I've gotten some pretty cool zaps (Sponge, Jelly, Halloween) that would've been expensive paintbrushes. I'd say go for it :)

It's always going to be a yes from me, to this question. It's so fun. Notable zaps I've had include a maractite lutari (that I can't bring myself to zap over, so I'm keeping it due to not being able to transfer it), woodland uni, chocolate jubjub and a chokato chia. I've had other good zaps, but these are the ones that stand out for me. Oh, and I zapped a MSP poogle (using morphing potions every time I got a different species) - I can't believe I almost forgot about that. That was something I actually zapped actively for.

• 1 year later...

Ultimately, I don't think it's been THAT helpful for me. I've been training with the battlepedia guide and the lab map made my battle pet's stats pretty expensive to correct in the beginning!

I think most people on neo should get it though just because everyone else has it and it's one of the more interesting dailies. I have gotten a couple nice zaps but I'm not really that interested in customizing and having really pretty pets.

I am not a huge customizer (although I probably will eventually decide to do things with my pets), but I love having the lab as a daily. I don't use it on my battle pet (although maybe I should start??) because I like the way he is right now species wise... but I have gotten some really cool zaps that have given me pets I never would have otherwise. Is it worth the np? I would say yeah. It's not like you're spending real money... you can always make up the np by playing Habi (before it's gone!!) or KQ in a day or two. :)

Getting the lab map for me was mostly about finally achieving something I never thought I'd be able to do back in my early Neopets days. It was cool to finally have something that I had always associated with rich Neopians :laughingsmiley:

I haven't been using it recently as I just adopted out my last lab pet & am collecting some needed pet avatars before I adopt a new one, and I've really missed it! It's always fun to hope for some unique color zaps.

Assembling the Secret Laboratory Map is the only way of earning two avatars (the one from zapping your pet into a different species, and the petpet lab map one that you can only assemble after you turn in the secret lab map). You can also get some really fun colors from zapping your pets - the Secret Laboratory is responsible for both my Pastel Xweetok and my Island Hissi. A lot of other users have used it to increase their pet's battle stats. If none of that sounds too exciting to you, then I would say it probably isn't worth it.