Help With My Set?

Hello! I just returned to Neopets and have been getting my pet battle-ready. I'm almost at the 35 def/str boost, and I'm thinking about upgrading my set. This is my set right now:

Scarab Ring

Scarab Ring

Rainbow Scroll

Golden Compass

Downsize!

Leaf Shield

Lesser Healing Scroll

And I'm thinking of changing it into this:

Scroll of Knowledge

Scroll of Knowledge

Scarab Ring

Golden Compass

Downsize!

Leaf Shield

Lesser Healing Scroll

Purple Sticky Hand

Could I possibly get some advice? Thank you :)

I have around 300k in the bank and I'm willing to spend some of it.

I don't know much about the battledome or sets but this site has a good basic set information. http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/articles/viewarticle/basic-weapon-sets/

How much do want to spend. That can make a difference.

Maybe try for a better healer like Greater Healer Scroll. Otherwise you look to be in good shape.

So you are at about level 20 with 40 hit points?

I would strongly suggest not buying anything as prices are high after "?" the current war. Prices should decrease some in a few weeks, then recover a tad, and then continue a toward direction until they find a new equilibrium.

Agreed, since we're just coming off of a war where things got SUPER InSaNeLy inflated, it's best to wait to buy right now. I'd suggest you keep training in the meantime while you do whatever you do to make NP in Neopets. that way, when the prices come down, you'll have even MORE np to play around with for your set upgrades. :D

As for your set upgrade plan, it looks pretty good. No freezer, but they aren't really required. ;) And the Lesser Healing Scroll would recover better than half your current max HP, so that's good for now too. :)

Pretty Nisha, for everything there is a season. A season to train and a season to horde weapons. This is the season to train, as your best buy with a 35 str pet is spend some dubloons to make it to a 55 str pet. While it might take some times, you are looking at 45-50k in dubloons. More in codestones but much quicker. Once you get to 55 str and 100 some health points, than you can get some better weapons.

Coltom is absolutely right. In the long run, increasing your stats will do you more good than upgrading your weapons. A pet with a Scarab Ring and 400 strength does 6 icons * 8.5 boost = 51 damage, and a pet with a Ghostkerbomb and 35 strength does, at maximum, 30 icons * 1.5 boost = 45 icons. Having a strong pet will help you in the long run. Keeping defense up helps too with blocking damage.

However, at your level, upgrading to a Scroll of Knowledge means you can do 11 icons * 1.5 boost = 16.5 icons. But if you kept the Scarab Ring and trained to 55, you could do 6 icons * 2 boost = 12 icons. Thus, upgrading to Scroll of Knowledge is a good choice - for now.

Scroll of Knowledge is a good weapon, and before the war was pretty affordable. Some people have suggested Scroll of the Scholar as a less-inflated alternative. Scroll of the Wise and Scroll of the Fool also work too. These weapons only have 10 icons, but with your boost, that's still 15 damage, which is more than you'd get moving to the next boost.

You could also invest in a few more shields. Since you have a balanced pet, shields can do you some good, and Leaf Shield does not block every icon. Parasol of Unfortunate Demise is a nice full blocker for light, and uses your opponent's defense boost for the other icons, which is nice. Parchment Cloak can also help you fill in the gaps, especially if you meet the intel requirement. Personally, I'm a fan of the Virtupets X-514 Super Shield since it defends against 5 different icon types, but it's not a lot of icons of each.

Also, with 40 HP, there's no need to upgrade to a better healer. 25 HP should do you fine until you're ready for a Greater Healing Scroll.