Just barely losing - some tips please?

Riverus

My pet is making it so close to beating this final wave, but not close enough. These are her current stats (lab rat):

Health: 310

Strength: 83

Defense: 34

Move: 23

I'm currently using Brynns Legendary Sword of Wraith Smiting and Hanso Charisma Charm.

I know very little about the Battle Dome but I really want to be able to finish this final wave. Can someone suggest something that will get me through please?

What's your level? You're two trainings away from the 85 strength boost and 1 away from the defense boost (in each case, you'd be able to attack/defend 20% more with the exact same weapons at the next boost). I would recommend strength over defense. There are alternatives to training if your level won't let you: altadorian strength potion/bubbling fungus/armoured negg/faerie quest (there's a cookie you can get in the mall to guarantee one quest per day on top of what you get randomly, but it's random which faerie you'll get. You may get lucky.).

Do you have any abilities? Static cling is free and deals 3 extra icons per turn; icicle does more damage per turn and isn't too many blessings. Shhh can stop them from using an ability such as lens flare (once per battle), and you could combine it with a strong attack. The 15-icon muffins are fairly cheap (stone, water, darigan, robot, brain, smelly dung, golden, icy, I think -- you'll want to check their icons; radioactive is a bit more -- but maybe it does more damage?). A healer would be useful; you could look for species-specific ones or borrow a greater healing scroll from someone for a short time, maybe. Jade elixirs heal 100% but are one-use. Thick smoke bombs (also one-use) block all damage for a round. A scroll of freezing is a fragile 100% freezer, or you can get a green frost cannon, which has a 20% (?) chance of freezing. Freezing combines well with Shhh against these guys; once they're frozen, use Shhh to guarantee that your attack will go through, and then bombs away (e.g., use double muffins).

How you decide to approach it really depends on your budget, time, and inclinations (defensive? offensive?).

You're currently doing (10 + 12.75) x 2.0 = 45.5 rounded up to 46 damages per turn with any blocked icons (and up to 52 if you add the Static Cling ability)

If you could increase your strength by 2 to reach the next strength boost (2.5), you will do 56.875 rounded up to 57 (and up to 65 if you add the Static Cling ability)

Now I suggest you to stop using the lab ray for a while, just to let your pet level go above 20 (and hence avoid going back to 1).. Moreover, since the new abilities require levels, it might be good to have some which can add some help in your fights (Positive Thinking to get some HP back, Shade for defence and Icycle or Sear for some extra damages).

With my lab pet who has twice as much HP as your pet, I fought 12 times against the leaders for only 5 wins. Having its level to 1 doesn't help me at all.

I just checked my level and she is level one. Would it make sense to train up her level a bit? I have a bunch of codestones lying around. I don't currently have any abilities. I have a few of the new faeries, but no idea how they work.

Thanks so much for the advice. I was never into the old Battle Dome, but this one seems like so much more fun.

Currently you only have access to the free ability (level 1)

If you want to unlock other faerie abilities, you have to meet the level requirements. So let's say you've trained you pet and s/he reached level 5. Now you have to bless your pet with the Weak Bottled (insert element type here) Faerie. If you don't, you have unlocked the Faerie abilities of the level 5 set. But you need blessings to actually own one. And moreover you can only possess one ability per set.

I strongly advise you to choose the best ability that suits you (or follow instructions of experienced BDers) and go for another one first. The first time you "buy" an ability with your blessings, you pay the "full price". Then all the abilities of that set will have their price cut in half. Because most of the useful abilities require Light blessings, the corresponding Weak Bottle is expensive. That way you can spare half of the required light blessings.

Go to the abilities tab on the BD page. Click on static cling and activate it (it's free). Then when you're in a battle, select it in the third box before each round. There you go, 3 extra icons per round, for free. The others require you to raise your level, so yes, go train. But do consider raising the strength boost if you can afford it.

It depends. Maybe. How many HP are they taking away more than you have left in the final round (look at your HP before submitting, then see how many you lost, down at the bottom of the combat log -- subtract the first from the second)? Also, how much overkilling are you doing? (You'll have to use one of your weapon slots that round on the healer, which means you'll lose the weaker weapon. Will your main weapon still finish them off that round?) If you can kill them using a single weapon (+ static cling), and you're being killed by less than 25 HP "extra," try the lesser healing scroll that was given out in an achievement.

If you're losing more than 25 extra HP, a jade elixir would definitely work (it heals you back to full HP), especially with your high HP, but at 13k apiece, that would get expensive to get the achievement (65k). It'd still be cheaper than overpaying for a greater healing scroll (which heals 50), though (they're ridiculously inflated).

Who are you fighting. Only the Duchess deals much dark, and HCC is a full dark blocker. Otherwise, get an 11 icon attack. Better, get six stone muffins (or other 15 attack icon muffins) and use them plus static clean for the first three turns.

Attack and don't look back, Semper Fi.

When you go for the Duchess, then always use your HCC with one muffin. (Don't forget to extend the pinkie on your tea cup). She deals some heavy darkness, so for her HCC is worthwhile.

If you run out of muffins then you'r likely going to lose.

You might spend the money on a Bubbling Fungus to see if you can get your strength up to 85.

To learn more about faerie abilities, you can visit the Battlepedia guide. There's a fairly comprehensive explanation of how abilities work. Since you're level one, it won't apply to you.

I strongly recommend you train, and do item training if you have to. Like siniri said, getting up over that boost will help you do more damage and defend against more damage with the same weapons, and you're so close! For an item training guide, go here.

You can also take a look at our War Challengers guide. As coltom said, HCC is only really useful against The Duchess because she deals a lot of dark, and the other opponents don't. When you're fighting the other opponents, the full-dark blocker of HCC isn't doing a darn thing for you, so you'd be much better off with an offensive weapon that does more than 10 icons, or using a different dual duty that defends the icon type that they specialize in. For example, Rasala and Professor Lambert both do a lot of physical damage, so an Altadorian Swordbreaker can be useful against them. Take a look at the guide to see recommendations for each challenger.

Okay, I've trained her level up to 5 (working on 6 as I type) and I've been looking at abilities. It looks like Shade might be the best for the level 5 abilities? And Positive Thinking for when she gets to level 10? Does this sound right to those of you who have more experience?

Shade seems worth the price, as it will block while you are frozen (I don't like). Positive thinking might be a good idea for you, with high hit points, but remember that it only heals based upon your "At the end of the current round hit points that are left", so if you've got 200 hp at the end of a round you get 10 in healing, if you only have 20 you only get 1 in healing.