Neopets Scripts - Magma Pool

MatsumotoKozue

Sorry for the caps title :D
I was browsing recently and found this script:

*REMOVED*

It is supposed to refresh the Magma Pool every [blank] minutes to indicate whether the guard is sleeping..etc. so that we can know when the times are available for players to dip their pets in the pool so they are painted magma.
I am not familiar with using scripts like these, tbh, this is my first time even considering using one.
[[i know this site is safe.]]
My concern though...is..would neopets find out and would our accounts be frozen for this?
I took into reading numerous articles about using scripts on neo including:
and
I just want to make sure whether this particular Magma Pool script is considered a 'cheat' in neo, since we are not allowed to install anything that..[and I quote]
"Using an outside script to influence your playing of the Neopets site is against the Neopets.com T&C. In particular, inflating stock prices by directing groups of users into buying specific tickers is breaking a particularly golden rule in the Neopets.com T&C."
Maybe a little...answer? :D
Sorry, I tend to be paranoid about these things ^^
Thanks for your time!
This post has been edited by a member of staff (Anime) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Links to illegal scripts are not allowed. The link has been removed.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Seeing as that script is explicitly used to refresh Neopets IT IS ILLEGAL. You're just trying to find a loophole because the Magma Pool specifically is not mentioned. The official ruling is that if it refreshed for you in any way, it's not allowed.

If it plays the game for you in any way whatsoever, it is not. allowed.

So, this is basically an auto-refresher? If so, that's very much against the rules, and, yes, you could be frozen. For anything that requires refreshing, you have to do it yourself. No external sites, nothing holding down F5, etc.

If you want a Magma pet and don't know your time, you could look into lending your pet to someone who does know their time. I plan on helping people with that after my side account ages enough for me to transfer one of my main pets over (this month, yay!). :)

If you're worried about TNT finding out, that should be an indicator you shouldn't use it. Using any program at all is a no no!

Also, just a little fyi. Just because the site is safe doesn't mean the scripts are. As the best friend of a hacker I know how easy hiding a cookie grabber in a script is.

Reply to Anime + Yumi \(^.^)/

Hmm. I see now. Thanks for the clarification!

Reply to Wildbreeze

Thanks!

And that's awesome! I'll try to find my own time, but I know I'll probably give up in less than an hour xP

Just try to head back at different times of day. I found my time at random. I know some people keep track of when they've checked...

But if you do decide to give up, I'd be glad to help (after the 29th). :)

I am not entirely certain, but wasn't there something about transferring magma pets and them turning red after that? I am absolutely sure that was the case a while ago, don't know if it could have changed.

As for the scripts, there are many parts of neo that itch to be scripted, because they don't really require much human thinking, however, this is not the point of the website. I know TNT says such things are forbidden and they are dangerous if you aren't using a script you made yourself and don't have programming experience to understand what all the code you are using does. So better stay away from them unless you are willing to get your account stolen/frozen.

I am not entirely certain, but wasn't there something about transferring magma pets and them turning red after that? I am absolutely sure that was the case a while ago, don't know if it could have changed.

If you put the pet in the pound, it turns red. However, a user-to-user transfer keeps the color.

I know my magma pool time if someone needs the help. Speaking of which, I have a magma Eyrie that's looking for a new home if anyone's interested. Is there another place where I should be posting pets for adoption? If so, sorry... but the magma pool offer still stands.

There's a thread in general discussion for this :) http://www.tdnforums.com/index.php?/topic/17989-adoption-trading-center/

It's stickied, so it'll be easy for you to find in the future, now that you know it's there.