Doing your Part ?

MaskedBeastDesGardius

Hello everyone ^^

I've got a question . What's that " Doing your Part " bar at my faction leaders screen ?

It keeps on increasing every time i battle , but what happens after that ?

Oh and if you don't know what i'm talking about , here it is :

http://www.neopets.com/prehistoric/outskirts/

Its below the opponents.

Can someone help me ?

Thanks ^^

Every time you beat one of the opponents, it goes up slightly. Not sure if fighting them on the hardest mode makes it go up faster or not.

At the moment, getting it filled up does nothing, so I'm not sure anyone knows what the point of it is yet.

Most probably equals "points" and will benefit you at the end of the event.

I see . Thanks ranilin. But would it be better if i fill it now or later when other opponents come? Or is it the same ?

@karmacow : I just read this at Thedailyneopets

To make sure everyone gets a fair shot at the enemies, only your first 40 battles of the opponents will count towards your faction. 40 battles combined for all five opponents on any difficulty. You can see how far along you are by checking out the "Doing Your Part" meter underneath your war battle stats. It appears that an added bonus of fighting these new challengers, your pet heals completely after winning a battle. Must be some mysterious faction magic afoot. Once you've completed all 40 battles, you'll get a full meter with a checkmark:
After filling your bar, you can continue to battle, if you wish, and your stats will continue to be tracked on the obelisk page.
So what does that mean ?

@karmacow : I just read this at Thedailyneopets

To make sure everyone gets a fair shot at the enemies, only your first 40 battles of the opponents will count towards your faction. 40 battles combined for all five opponents on any difficulty. You can see how far along you are by checking out the "Doing Your Part" meter underneath your war battle stats. It appears that an added bonus of fighting these new challengers, your pet heals completely after winning a battle. Must be some mysterious faction magic afoot. Once you've completed all 40 battles, you'll get a full meter with a checkmark:
After filling your bar, you can continue to battle, if you wish, and your stats will continue to be tracked on the obelisk page.
So what does that mean ?

Where did you get that paragraph of text from? Must have missed it on my end.

Interesting though.

It's from the TDN guide: http://www.thedailyneopets.com/obelisk-war/beginning/

It does sound like any further battling you do after the meter has been filled up will not count (unless maybe you get a challenge as a random event). Again, I assume that there will be a meter to be filled every day, or at least every time there are new opponents, if that won't happen every day.

I like that the bar doesn't fill faster with harder modes, it gives everyone a chance.

me too.. later on, i'm sure i'll be thankful when i'm struggling to keep up!

filling up the doing your part bar every day is probably akin to reaching all-stars in AC. imo

Does anyone know if there will be some benefit to fighting the opponents on hard or does that not matter?

I noticed after I filled mine that it had a gold checkmark. In other events, the color of the checks was often gold for completing on the first day and green for completing but not on the first day. So maybe there will be something similar. I wonder how often we'll get new waves with new achievements to unlock.

I also wonder whether your other fights will still count towards your faction, just like some people would play more games and help their team in the AC, even if it doesn't help you individually get more prize points (like in TFR, when it told you that you'd reached the win limit -- I assume the bar is the equivalent).

I noticed after I filled mine that it had a gold checkmark. In other events, the color of the checks was often gold for completing on the first day and green for completing but not on the first day. So maybe there will be something similar. I wonder how often we'll get new waves with new achievements to unlock.

I didn't notice that! That's a really interesting theory, and I hope you're right. Does anyone have a green checkmark for not completing it day-of to verify?

I didn't notice that! That's a really interesting theory, and I hope you're right. Does anyone have a green checkmark for not completing it day-of to verify?

I didn't fill my bar up yesterday, so later today I'll be able to tell you whether it turns green or gold.

Does anyone know if there will be some benefit to fighting the opponents on hard or does that not matter?

From TDN's plot page for the first wave: You will have done your part if you fight 40 times on mighty, or 60 times on strong or 96 times on average or a combination of the different modes, for all for all five opponents collectively (not that number of times for each challenger).

I think it's more for the 2nd wave (people were saying 50 challengers on hard?), but I'm not sure of the exact numbers.

From TDN's plot page for the first wave: You will have done your part if you fight 40 times on mighty, or 60 times on strong or 96 times on average or a combination of the different modes, for all for all five opponents collectively (not that number of times for each challenger).

I think it's more for the 2nd wave (people were saying 50 challengers on hard?), but I'm not sure of the exact numbers.

You are right. I have to battle 50 times on hard mode (in the second wave) to get the doing your part done. I think it's definitely harder when the plot goes further. Oh, and btw, does anyone know if we have lost or deuce some games?

You are right. I have to battle 50 times on hard mode (in the second wave) to get the doing your part done. I think it's definitely harder when the plot goes further. Oh, and btw, does anyone know if we have lost or deuce some games?

I had some wins deducted earlier when I was battling for my 15 items. Suddenly my victory count had become smaller in the tally for one of the opponents.

My checkmark still turned gold today! I guess, if a green check is possible, it would be when the next wave has already replaced the previous one (like finishing the first wave now when the second one is here).

I think you're right. They warned us when the second wave was coming, probably so people could finish "doing their part" on the first wave before the second one started. I don't know of anyone that was incomplete before the second wave came though, so I guess we'll have to wait for official feedback.

There must be some purpose for battling after you've filled the bar each day or else why would there be a tally of how many opponents you've beat/lost to for each difficulty level?

Bragging rights.

Although the records can't be seen by anyone, it seems to make more sense to me to have it up regardless for consistency and because people would be asking to have that feature enabled. There could still be a prize shop, but I don't have big expectations.