Official Sway Discussion Thread

Nellethiel

Ugh, I missed out on filling my bar. :( I was about half way done, and then I planned on finishing off the progress bar this evening after work, but Pride was already defeated. :(

Ugh, I missed out on filling my bar. :( I was about half way done, and then I planned on finishing off the progress bar this evening after work, but Pride was already defeated. :(

I'm sorry Rebecca. ): I'm sure you will still be able to get some great prizes though, regardless! I missed out on both of the last waves 'doing your part bar'. Mostly because I would have to lose lots of times before getting them and I was busy at the time. Once I saw the big boss though, I finished it and unlocked both achievements. So, I filled the first three doing your part bars and got 10/12 achievements in all. Not too bad considering I had starter stats to begin with.

I'm so beyond excited to see what happens next!

I'm sorry Rebecca. ): I'm sure you will still be able to get some great prizes though, regardless! I missed out on both of the last waves 'doing your part bar'. Mostly because I would have to lose lots of times before getting them and I was busy at the time. Once I saw the big boss though, I finished it and unlocked both achievements. So, I filled the first three doing your part bars and got 10/12 achievements in all. Not too bad considering I had starter stats to begin with.

I'm so beyond excited to see what happens next!

Congrats! :D That's something at least.

I was able to get all the achievements, and I did my part on every wave except this one.

I just. I thought I would have until at least midnight. :(

Does anyone see anything different at the Obelisk today? I don't >.<. I hope the plot isn't over...

I'm kind of doubting that the plot is completely over, but maybe. Regardless, I was hoping they would release a 'new part' or something today. *sighs* more waiting...

I don't think it's over yet - not only have we not even entered the obelisk (and I still think it's super significant that this is a six-sided structure with six doors, one for each faction), there really isn't a real excuse for TNT to debut a redrawn Tyrannia yet! I hope not, anyway. :x

I knew I should have joined the Thieves Guild. (Just kidding I LOVE YOU SWAY.) But they were my second choice. And I love Kanrik.

But anyway. Here's what I'm expecting-- *obelisk randomly explodes and destroys Tyrannia* Time for the redesign!

Well, if your expectations are low, you won't be disappointed. You may even be pleasantly surprised.

Message at the Mysterious Outskirts:

"A new day dawns across Tyrannia, and the battlefield is silent. All the apparitions that plagued the factions have vanished, destroyed by brave fighters. Yet who won? Those that still stand glance around, trying to organise their scattered factions. It may be a while before that answer becomes clear. Only then can the obelisk be opened..."

I'm translating that as "we're still calculating who won, calm down." It sounds like that was the end if they're determining the winner before opening the obelisk. Bets on what's inside? I'm guessing a portal to a new part of Tyrannia/Neopia, which could possibly have its own plot.

Bets on what's inside? I'm guessing a portal to a new part of Tyrannia/Neopia, which could possibly have its own plot.

That would be awesome if it was. My guess is that it will turn into another daily (kind of like the Council Chamber) that will just end up creating more worthless junk for the site.

I just hope that the fact i didn;t defeat the last opponent wont count too much against me.... :(

I just hope that the fact i didn;t defeat the last opponent wont count too much against me.... :(

We should find out soon. (Hopefully)

I didn't get to finish a couple other fights because I didn't realize that losses still count to filling up your bar. xD Ooops.

• 4 weeks later...

High fives, everyone! We fought long and hard, and we SO deserve this victory! :D

Is everyone having fun trying to choose their prizes and boons? :P

(Don't forget to go here http://www.neopets.com/prehistoric/battleground/ to get your Sway avatar and theme!)

I would like to know what the boons are first. And the real value of the prizes won't become clear until a few weeks on.

http://www.thedailyneopets.com/obelisk-war/prizes/

We've been compiling all the data we've been able to find. :) Hopefully this helps!

Congratulations everyone! When the truce is over, perhaps we're going to battle each other again?

What boons did you pick? I can't decide. These aren't one time things right? They're permanent?

Congratulations everyone! When the truce is over, perhaps we're going to battle each other again?

What boons did you pick? I can't decide. These aren't one time things right? They're permanent?

The boons will only last for a week- until the timer runs out, and the truce is up.

Congrats fellow Sway members on a well deserved victory! I ended up choosing the 3% interest at the bank, because I felt like that would add up to the most for me in the long run. And also I chose the scratchcard bonus for the Premium boon - hopefully I'll find something lucky on Friday :)

The boons will only last for a week- until the timer runs out, and the truce is up.

Oh, lol. I thought it wasn't related to the truce. I guess that would be too unfair. Still, nice perks for a week. I'm leaning more towards the lower stock price buy limit.

Whoo! Congrats, fellow Sway members! I did the 3% interest boon because none of the others felt super relevant to me individually. I have no idea what prizes to pick (296k points, hurrah!), though. I guess I'll wait a while and see. No time limit on spending those, right?

I can't believe we actually won! I definitely thought it was going to the Thieves.

I think I'm going to pick some of the wearables, the Runes of the Obelisk and Thieves Hood look great. I don't really care about the values in the long run because I plan on keeping everything for myself :)