Search the web?

Dragons

My Google search came up with this

1. Antivirus/Anti-Malware Software – Scan and remove malware.

2. Remove Internet Browser Extension – Remove add-on, or extension from your infected internet browser.

3. Uninstall Program – Uninstall Search Iminent Search The Web program using the uninstaller (if installed on computer).

4. Manual Removal – Manually remove Search Iminent files.

5. System Restore – Restore your computer to a date and time before infection.

source: http://botcrawl.com/how-to-remove-the-search-iminent-search-the-web-hijacker-virus/

good luck

It's one of those default options that comes with downloads, especially freeware. When the program you want is installed, it latches on as a default unless you uncheck it. It's possible you or someone else who uses your computer installed it by accident. I often do if I'm quickly installing programs and don't read the installer prompts. It's similar to those programs that ask you if you want to install toolbars along with the program. These things are generally harmless, more of a nuisance than anything. You should be able to uninstall it either in your browser options if it's an extension, or via add/remove programs in control panel if it was one of those pesky little things that latched onto an installer.

• 2 months later...

You better use a proper virus guard and get your computer scanned. Sometimes the free virus guards do not check the computer thoroughly. If you have original Windows version it has an inbuilt virus guard which is really effective as well.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie).

The original topic is now answered and will be closed.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Spritzie if you have any questions regarding this action.