Downsize!

Scarab Ring

Greater Healing Scroll

Snowager Sword

Scroll of the Scholar

Gilded War Hammer

Leaf Shield

& Ridiculously Heavy Battle Hammer

I want to improve my set with a budget of 50-100k. Another question is since I think Snowager sword makes less damage than Ridiculously Heavy Battle Hammer, can I replace it with Ridiculously Heavy Battle Hammer? Thank you guys! :D

Oh and btw, I have some bombs such as Golden Muffin ready for war. I also want to ask that how to use right weapon in the battledom XD

Edited by dat_dao98

You've got good weapons to start, and you're not going to get much better ones for 100k. You do have some room for improvement, though, and you might be able to make some changes within that budget.

Your set is really attack-heavy, with 5 weapons being primarily attack weapons. Since you have a pet with balanced stats (assuming that Bweetik is your battle pet), you can definitely get some use out of shields. You might want to look into Parasol of Unfortunate Demise or Patched Magic Hat; they should both be in your price range.

Which attack weapons to replace is entirely dependent on your strategy. Right now you have 3 dual duties (Scarab Ring, Gilded War Hammer, and Snowager Sword) and 2 pure constants. When I was just starting out, I preferred dual duties, but I soon realized there aren't many dual duties for advanced battlers, so I got used to using constants and shields. However, it's up to you which you want to do. Snowager Sword is one of the best dual duties for a beginner. An upgrade to consider is Golden Compass, which is a direct upgrade of Gilded War Hammer. The other good upgrades are Hanso Charisma Charm or Rusty Pitchfork, but both are out of your price range. Altadorian Swordbreaker is another good dual duty, but it actually does fewer attack icons than your current weapons, although it does defend full physical, which can be really helpful.

For your pure constants, most people favor the Scroll of Knowledge, but because of that it's probably pretty inflated right now. You could look into upgrading your Ridiculously Heavy Battle Hammer to a 10-icon weapon like Scroll of Ultranova, Pike Pike, Altadorian Halberd, or another Scroll of the Scholar. However, each of these will probably only give you about one more icon over the RHBH, so it's a judgment call if it's worth it. I always like more icons, but with your budget, this probably shouldn't be your top priority.

If you're looking for other types of weapons, there are options. You may want to look in to freezers. I think bombs work best when your opponent is frozen, because then your opponent isn't potentially blocking your damage on that one precious turn when you can use a bomb. If you want a freezer, unfortunately, the best one you can get right now under 100k is Snowglobe Staff, which has a 20% chance of freezing. I also recommend the Scroll of Freezing, since it's a 100% chance (with a 20% chance of breaking permanently). It was going for around 100k before inflation, but it looks like it's now closer to 125k or 150k. Randomly Firing Freeze Ray is another popular one, but is out of your price range right now.

You could also consider stealers like Purple Sticky Hand if that's the kind of strategy you want.

Also, if you play mostly 1-P, reflectors can be really helpful. 50% reflectors like Turbo Flame Reflector or Shovel Plus are pretty cheap (as in under 10k), and can help you when you know your opponent favors a particular icon.

Now, I know that's a lot of options, and you probably can't upgrade everything on 100k. So, it's up to you to decide what you want to do. You can definitely mix and match, such as upgrade one weapon now and save another for later. That's why I mentioned the weapons out of your price range; you can decide if you're interested, and if you are, start saving.

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the adivce (that just till now I can reply for you)
Ok, so my set is pretty up for all the next battle, but just in case there's some week points in my set.
My set currently including:
- GHS
- Leaf Shield
- Purple sticky hand
- RHBH
- Scarab ring
- Downsize
- Gilded War Hammer
- Parasol of Unfortunate Demise

As you said, (and I can realized it also) my set is attack-heavy. So I bought a Parasol of Unfortunate Demise and got rid of Snowager sword (since it's my weakest weapon in set). I don't want to buy HCC & RP of course, 'cause they're really expensive. I can afford the price, but I don't want to throw my NP only into this plot. I'm confusing between Golden Compass & Altadorian Swordbreaker, what should I choose, and if I can decide so what should I get rid of my set so I have place for one of these?

Talk to SOK, many people suggested me to buy it, but then I realized that Scroll of Scholar just do 1 fewer attack icon, but cheaper 4 times than SOK, so I bough it. Question for my constants weapon is should I replace RHBH for another Scroll of Scholar? Since it does more varieties of icons than RHBH, do you think that will make opponent harder to block the attack?

Talk about bomb and freezer, as you can see, if I have any place to put them in, I will. But I don't, so I don't buy freezer, also they inflate and fragile, I don't want to waste my money (again) just to buy another, and another, ... and another one :) I have about a dozen of muffin bomb right now. I think i will use it when my pet is in passive side.

I also bought Purple sticky hand like you advice, and it helped me sometimes :D

P/s: (again talking in post), I didn't mention that I didn't have much NP (I have around 1.5 mil at that time, but now I have more than 2.5 mil already XD thanks to the codestone and faerie bottles :)) It's that I don't want to waste it to the plot. and thank you again for a really detail-advice post

________EDIT________

Just noticed that I didn't put Scroll of the Scholar because I had to put it into SDB to get Pack rat avvie :) So yeah, the weapons is now increase to 9. I wish they allow us to bring unlimited weapons to the battledom LOL!

Edited by dat_dao98

I'm having trouble understanding what your questions are, so I'm going to phrase and answer the questions I think you mean to ask. If those aren't the right questions, please post what are and I'd be happy to address them.

1. Which should I choose: Golden Compass or Altadorian Swordbreaker?

Personally, I would choose Golden Compass over Altadorian Swordbreaker because Golden Compass does more attack icons. However, some people really appreciate the full block that the Swordbreaker provides. If you want a more offensive strategy, pick Golden Compass. If you want more defensive, pick Altadorian Swordbreaker.

2. Should I replace Ridiculously Heavy Battle Hammer with Scroll of the Scholar?

I would. Scroll of the Scholar does one more icon than Ridiculously Heavy Battle Hammer, and you're right, the greater variety of icons is harder to block.

3. I have 9 icons in my set. Which one should I get rid of?

I would get rid of your Scarab Ring. It's pretty obsolete now with much better dual duties out there, so it's your weakest attack weapon.

Thank you for answering. Your answers are really helpful. I can manage it now. One more question XD. Do you know when to use what effectively?

For example, if the opponent attack leaf-icons on me but I don't know so I use a physical defensive shield and still get all the damage. So how can I know that the opponent gonna use it so I have a plant of what weapon to use on that turn?

Well, you don't know for sure what they'll use and when. BUT, when the war is over, you can go here to find all the active BD challengers.

http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/oneplayer/index/

For stats on the current war challengers, TDN has their information here.

http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/oneplayer/index/14/

Stay tuned to the battlepedia (and tdn in general) as new waves and new challengers come, there will be updates!

I hope this helps. :)

Good luck in the war!

Like Aquamentis said, you don't know when they'll use their weapons. However, you can check out the Battlepedia at the link he gave you and see what weapons the 1-P opponents have in their set. A lot of times, they'll favor one icon more than others. For example, the Space Faerie uses weapons that do a lot of fire and light damage, so it's useful to use Parasol of Unfortunate Demise because there is a high probability of her doing light damage. You should not use Leaf Shield against her, because she doesn't have any weapons that do water or earth damage, so it only has the potential to block 3 icons of physical.

The not knowing is what makes it interesting! If you knew exactly what your opponent was going to do, there would be no challenge. :)

(By the way, the leaf-icons are called "earth." The seven types of icons are physical, earth, light, dark, water, fire, and air.)