Neopets & Chrome Malware Warning

yikmunnie

I don't use chrome but I have no idea why it would block neopets unless it was a faulty scam link, which it doesn't seem to be. Have you tried blocking the ad's on neopets? Perhaps it is accidently detecting one of those ad's as malware? It says it's detecting malware from qksrv.com, which I do know for sure is a virus. So this is kind of odd. I see that you have another tab open saying 'malware ahead'. Is that neopets too or another website that it blocked?

Has your internet been acting weird lately? Redirecting you to different websites that you didn't click on? If so It could be that your browser has been hijacked.

Sorry I can't be of more help. I know that's probably not the problem but hopefully someone else will chime in with more info for you. Be sure to run a malware scanner if you haven't already. I reccommend malwarebytes.

Also, are you running windows or mac?

I came across another user on here who had a similiar problem to yours awhile back: Here is the thread - http://www.tdnforums.com/index.php?/topic/26828-malware/ Most people were saying tp block the ads, so definitley do that if you haven't already.

I'm running on mac and yeah I have adblocker installed on chrome. There was someone also on the neopets forum with the same problem so I'm assured it's not a problem on my end ;_; And no, my internet has not been funny lately~

I'm using safari now so currently no problems so far.

I even got a bit paranoid and did a virus scan on my laptop but results were okay, nothing infected.

Same thing happened to me too, and it was happening on a few other sites as well. I run an ad blocker in Chrome, so it wasn't the ads affecting it. I just switched to Firefox for now and I'm not having any more issues.

I also have Malwarebytes, and when I ran a scan, it didn't find anything :/

What happened was an ad company was infected with malware. Chrome blocked all sites using this web service as a precautionary measure. The ad company assures that the malware did NOT make it into any adverts and there are NO infected users.

Chrome/Google is working towards fixing all of this and getting the warnings removed.

Rest assured that Neopets is safe. :)