Wrath of the Snowager points

essiw

Hi all, another question :)

I played Wrath of the Snowager today and I got in the top 100 for completing the game without getting a game over. Now my question is, how do I increase my points in that game? It does not say in any guide (not here and on an other big fansite) how to increase your points. There could be two ways that I can think of.

1) Get it faster and without dying at all.

2) Get as many of the -4 or -5 powerups so I can keep collecting those items for points.

I am hoping it is option 1 (as option 2 seems silly and time consuming), but option 2 seems plausable as the time bonus does not decrease that fast. Can anyone help me in this?

As far as I've been able to tell, beating a level faster does nothing for your score. In fact, sometimes you want to die. When you die, you keep all the points you've made, so dying on purpose before getting the last item in a high-scoring level would let you keep your points and then earn more for the same level.

Judging off of that, getting heart powerups is very useful. The -4 and -5 can help as well, and you should always try to pick up the x2 or x3 powerups if you can.

So dying on the first few levels would be a start? as the heart powerups are more common on those levels. But you get a time bonus, so beating the level faster does a bit.

But if the -4 and -5 strategy is the way to go then that is sad... you could go on for ever to get the top score...

I know the strategy :P

Always play on Hard mode, and never leave the first level because it's one of the most rewarding level in terms of points. The key to getting a trophy to collect lives and play that level over and over and over and over. It takes way too much patience if you ask me :P

There was a petpage counting how much points you get per level, but I don't think I have bookmarked it. :(

Thanks, I guess I try that tomorrow to get a golden trophy because tomorrow the scores do reset right? (I am quite new at neopets but it says the scores reset at the beginning of the month right?). Though it it silly that they designed the game this way, they should have made it more based on time so that it is more skill based :P

I have a trophy in this game, so I am extremely knowledgeable of how much time it takes to get one. Xepha's strategy is correct; play level one over and over again, dying when you only have one item left to collect and not until you've gotten at least one extra life. It's boring and it's time-consuming, but it'll get you a trophy.

I think my 4.something million points took me about 6 hours to get? (What, do normal people go outside during the summer?)