Upcoming War Plot Speculation

lovedwallflower

Most of us think that it has something to do with Tyrannia and Terror Mountain - what else do you think will happen? Will the other lands be allies? (How did this work in the last wars?) Will we have to join in teams like we did in the Pirates vs. Ninjas event?

Discuss :P

There will most likely be teams!
I'm not sure about what lands but which ever ones it will be epic!

I'm just stoked that there is an upcoming plot! Only been back on neo for 4 months but it's about time! haha

I don't think it has anything to do with Terror Mountain, to be honest, nor do I think it'll be a war between two worlds. I think the Thieves Guild has locations all over Neopia, not just Terror Mountain.

I can see Haunted Woods being involved, since that's where this new Bori witch character seems to be from, but outside of that, I think it'll be strictly Tyrannia only.

I also had a theory about the Bori witch character having to do with the "maiden, mother, and crone" triumvirate of a coven. As far as "plot witches" go, we've already got a maiden (Sophie) and a mother (Morguss). All that's missing is the crone.

I could be completely wrong, though, since Edna seems to fit the "crone" part, but Edna hasn't been in a plot, so I'm not counting her. Plus, the image of the Bori witch character really reminds me of Granny Weatherwax from Terry Pratchett's Discworld series, who is the crone in that coven.

Also, someone made the suggestion that we will get to see the Fighter, Mage, Thief trio, since all three images we've seen embody the three parts of that trio (the barbarian army for Fighter, the Bori witch for Mage, and Kanrik for Thief). I think this is likely going to be the case, especially since this isn't the first time TNT has used the Fighter, Mage, Thief trio (TFR is the most obvious one, but also HatIC and even RoDS, arguably, use the trio, too).

Well, that new image threw a monkey wrench into the Warrior, Mage, Thief theory. Wonder what the purpose of this new Ixi character could be? :/ Hmm...

Clearly it will center around heavy use of the Battledome, as TNT is telling us to continue training our pets. The Editorial question answered a couple weeks ago hints at something involving Tyrannia, and it's time that map had an upgrade. So I think it will take place in Tyrannia. Because Tyrannian Victory Day is in May, we might not see the plot start until then, or it might end by then, who knows? But that Editorial hint AND the NC War packs are definitely saying this plot will involve Tyrannia, and judging by the sketches, an invasion of Tyrannia by the Thieves Guild. We will probably able to pick sides. So yes indeed, a war plot is coming.

Clearly it will center around heavy use of the Battledome, as TNT is telling us to continue training our pets. The Editorial question answered a couple weeks ago hints at something involving Tyrannia, and it's time that map had an upgrade. So I think it will take place in Tyrannia. Because Tyrannian Victory Day is in May, we might not see the plot start until then, or it might end by then, who knows? But that Editorial hint AND the NC War packs are definitely saying this plot will involve Tyrannia, and judging by the sketches, an invasion of Tyrannia by the Thieves Guild. We will probably able to pick sides. So yes indeed, a war plot is coming.

I agree with you. Tyrannia desperately needs a revamp and this plot will probably be all about battling. I just hope IbisMay will be strong enough. I can't train her strenght or defence yet, because she is 40 levels behind her HP, due to previous labbing...

But I can't wait for a plot! :)

How about the Keep Out sign that's still up on Krawk Island?

I don't know but hope it will start soon. It wouldn't be fair to make us wait until May! :/

It probably won't start in May, as the Altador Cup does right around Tyrannian Victory Day, and it'd be difficult having two site events going on at once.

Will end in May, perfect way to celebrate Tyrannian Victory day with a revamp.

So IMO we're going to get the first comics very soon (not before the BD is taken out of beta and the abilities academy is opened) then around late march, early april we'll be able to battle for about a month.

• 3 weeks later...

My friend and I are thinking that maybe the plot is going to result in a new neopet.. how long has it been since we've had a new one?

Lutari was the last one, but I'm fairly certain TNT has said they don't plan to release any more neopets - it's just not practical, anyway, since they'd have to redesign each and every one of the wearables that've been released to fit a new species.

Lutari was the last one, but I'm fairly certain TNT has said they don't plan to release any more neopets - it's just not practical, anyway, since they'd have to redesign each and every one of the wearables that've been released to fit a new species.

Not too long ago they mentioned something about missing a pet that starts with V, suggesting that this is something we can expect.

Not too long ago they mentioned something about missing a pet that starts with V, suggesting that this is something we can expect.

If you're referring to the week 561 editorial, I wouldn't read that as "something we can expect" at all - they basically said they're still contemplating theories as to how they could potentially eventually overhaul the system, but that there are currently no workable solutions and it's not currently a priority.