New Plot Advice?

xSummer

I have been zapping my pet for up to a year and this is his status:

as for weapons i have dual scarab rings, golden compass, downsize, scroll of freezing, greater healing scroll and Ancient Negg Amulet.

As for advice, what weapons should i buy that will be best for this type of pet. Also I am only at level 9 so training is sorta out of the question for tips on weapons would be great. Thanks!

Hit Points:
0/264
Attack:
(AMAZING (91))
Defence:
(below average)
Agility:

as for weapons i have dual scarab rings, golden compass, downsize, scroll of freezing, greater healing scroll and Ancient Negg Amulet.

As for advice, what weapons should i buy that will be best for this type of pet. Also I am only at level 9 so training is sorta out of the question for tips on weapons would be great. Thanks!

Hit Points:
0/264
Attack:
(AMAZING (91))
Defence:
(below average)
Agility:

Get two Scrolls of Knowledge. You need constants that do more icons and to not focus on defensive icons. Your pet is what is called a tank, so you focus on attacking and reflecting. If you can afford it, get a Honey Potion. However, it is better to just upgrade constants than it is to get a bomb like a Honey Potion. Instead, and for a bit of a bigger price, you can get a Brynns Legendary Sword of Wraith Smiting or a Dr. Sloths Personal Bath Buddy. They would replace your Scrolls of Knowledge because they're constants.

Get two Scrolls of Knowledge. You need constants that do more icons and to not focus on defensive icons. Your pet is what is called a tank, so you focus on attacking and reflecting. If you can afford it, get a Honey Potion. However, it is better to just upgrade constants than it is to get a bomb like a Honey Potion. Instead, and for a bit of a bigger price, you can get a Brynns Legendary Sword of Wraith Smiting or a Dr. Sloths Personal Bath Buddy. They would replace your Scrolls of Knowledge because they're constants.

Is that what tank means? Oh, I thought it meant you could be able to take more damage (defense more).

"Tank" usually refers to pets with really high defense. "Lab Rat" more accurately describes your pet. Lab Rats tend to have high HP, moderately high strength, low defense, and low levels. I have a lab rat as my main battle pet.

With a lab rat, as Jezebel said, you want to focus on attacking and reflecting. Shields block based on your defense, and since your defense is low, they won't do you much good. You're much better off planning to take damage but, since your HP are high, you can take it. Plan to out-damage your opponent.

I find a good strategy for my lab rat is this:

On the first turn, attack with my strongest constant (multiple use attack icon) and a freezer.

On the second turn, attack with my two strongest constants and/or a strong constant and a bomb.

On the third turn, attack with my strongest constant and heal.

At that point, it's usually over. If it's not, I keep going with my two strongest constants until it is over.

If I'm fighting an opponent that uses a lot of one kind of icon, that's when I choose to use a reflector for that icon. In that situation, I would use the reflector on the first and third turn instead.

"Tank" usually refers to pets with really high defense. "Lab Rat" more accurately describes your pet. Lab Rats tend to have high HP, moderately high strength, low defense, and low levels. I have a lab rat as my main battle pet.

With a lab rat, as Jezebel said, you want to focus on attacking and reflecting. Shields block based on your defense, and since your defense is low, they won't do you much good. You're much better off planning to take damage but, since your HP are high, you can take it. Plan to out-damage your opponent.

I find a good strategy for my lab rat is this:

On the first turn, attack with my strongest constant (multiple use attack icon) and a freezer.

On the second turn, attack with my two strongest constants and/or a strong constant and a bomb.

On the third turn, attack with my strongest constant and heal.

At that point, it's usually over. If it's not, I keep going with my two strongest constants until it is over.

If I'm fighting an opponent that uses a lot of one kind of icon, that's when I choose to use a reflector for that icon. In that situation, I would use the reflector on the first and third turn instead.

I actually use your technique. And I would use 2 different constants to make it harder to block icons. I would suggest to start using armour neggs because then you'd have to train to 264 HP.

Hit Points:
0/264
Attack:
(AMAZING (91))
Defence:
(below average)
Agility:

As said before, your pet has a lab rat built (high strength and HP, low level and defense, movement is subjective) so it would be optimal for your pet to have strong constants and reflectors that shields as your pet would deal a lot of damage but wouldn't be able to take a lot :/ .

Most battlers prefer a Balanced Build (Strength = Defense, HP = 2x Strength). But there are also strategies for lab rats that work rather effectively, like the one that Lamppost suggested.

May I ask first the budget you have? Depends on your budget what the best weapons for the price class would be.

Normally, I'd suggest a lot of stuff for "advanced" sets but that'd be entirely on how much you'd be willing to spend :)

and if i have bad defense shouldn't i buy a shield? sorry i never fight so i need to be talked to like im seriously blonde haha

When I first came here after getting a burger king code, I sort of thought that too. Unless you train your defense (skills) than a shield is pretty worthless.

Assume that I have a pet with a strength of 75 and a defense of 30. The offense would be X2 and the defensive X1,5, Say I was in a battle with an opponent that attacked with three light and three fire. If I had a shield that blocked three light and three fire.

Then his attack would be 3 X 2 Fire and 3 X 2 Light. My shield would then block 3 X 1.5 Fire and 3 X 1.5 Light. Then every round they'd be attacking with 6 of Fire and Light, and my shield would only block 4.5 Fire and 4.5 Light. I think that would then round down to 4, so each round they'd be getting 2 light and 2 fire through.

If you trained up to a defense of 55, than your boost would go up to X2. Then when attacked with six fire icons and six light icons your shield would be up to the task.

I'm of the opinion that for you that defense isn't that useful, and you might as well concentrate on pure attack, except for the full blockers like Parasol of ultimate demise and new bronze blocker for physical. There are a many scrolls that are much more effective than your scarab rings. While they are inflating, scroll of knowledge and scroll of the scholar are great. I also use a scroll of ultranova, which is a little weaker but does have nice icons.

Ahem, my beloved and our daughter are blonde.