Level 140, Rainbow Clockwork Grundo, Decision Dilemma, Please, Help!

_kit

Hey guys,

here are my stats:

Lvl : 139

Str : 206

Def : 54

Mov : 59

Hp : 278

And weapon set:

Downsize!

Greater Healing Scroll

Randomly Firing Freeze Ray

Purple Sticky Hand (hardly ever use it)

Kelpbeards Trident

Hanso Charisma Charm

Leaf Shield

Rainbow Clockwork (my fav.)

I'm wondering 4 things.

1. Should I stop using the Lab Ray (fear of dropping level and defense) and boost up my defense (is it cheaper for me to use armor neggs than codestones? I think so...)

or should I train attack while boosting def. with neggs?

or should I train attack, while eating armored neggs, and continue using the ray, fixing any level drop mishaps

2. What should my next weapon upgrade be? I'm thinking Ghostkerbomb, but should probably be a bigger main hitter, or even another Kelpbeard's (so much water iconage, //drool//)

3. Who should I be fighting in BD for most profit? atm its spider-work Grundo on hardest setting

4. Does movement play a part in BDb?

Keep in mind I do not have much NP atm (enough to get me from day to day training) I have about 1.5M in stocks and rare items in SBD though if I need NP.

Thank you for your time, consideration and advice :) !!!

answers to any of the four are helpful an appreciated

This post has been edited by a member of staff (hrtbrk) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Hey guys,

here are my stats:

Lvl : 139

Str : 206

Def : 54

Mov : 59

Hp : 278

And weapon set:

Downsize!

Greater Healing Scroll

Randomly Firing Freeze Ray

Purple Sticky Hand (hardly ever use it)

Kelpbeards Trident

Hanso Charisma Charm

Leaf Shield

Rainbow Clockwork (my fav.)

I'm wondering 4 things.

1. Should I stop using the Lab Ray (fear of dropping level and defense) and boost up my defense (is it cheaper for me to use armor neggs than codestones? I think so...)

or should I train attack while boosting def. with neggs?

or should I train attack, while eating armored neggs, and continue using the ray, fixing any level drop mishaps

2. What should my next weapon upgrade be? I'm thinking Ghostkerbomb, but should probably be a bigger main hitter, or even another Kelpbeard's (so much water iconage, //drool//)

3. Who should I be fighting in BD for most profit? atm its spider-work Grundo on hardest setting

4. Does movement play a part in BDb?

Keep in mind I do not have much NP atm (enough to get me from day to day training) I have about 1.5M in stocks and rare items in SBD though if I need NP.

Thank you for your time, consideration and advice :) !!!

1. I think it is mainly up to you. If you plan on having a pet with balance stats, then I suggest you stop labbing your pet. Same with using Armoured Neggs, I think that codestone training might be slower but cheaper, but negg training would be faster and non-economical. If you have lots of neopoints to spare, then definitely work on negging your pet. How much neopoints are you looking to spend? I suggest you train your strenght up to 250 boost - your attacks will be more powerful per icon :D

If you plan on training there are some pretty nice items to use for item training:

Bubbling Fungus (+1-5 strength or -1-5 strength)

Altador Strength Potion (+5 strength)

Armoured Neggs (+1 Defense)

Sneggs (+1-2 HP, +1-2 Movement)

They're all a bit expensive though :/

2. I say that depends on your budget as a whole. I wouldn't suggest dual KBTs... It makes it more susceptible to full blockages :/ I always suggest my four favorite(not really favorite, but I'm working towards them) constants - Sword of Ari (15 air icons + 1.25-9 physical icons), Sword of Reif (15 fire icons + 1.25-9 physical icons), Sword of Thare (15 earth icons + 1.25-9 physical icons)and possibly Pirate Captains Cutlass (5 light icons, 6.25-14 light icons and 5 physical icons). But you can also go for the other anagram swords :D Skarls Hasty Mace packs a powerful punch for less, but is also less consistent (can hit as low as 8 earth + 5 air to as high as 21 earth + 8 air)

For bombs, definitely go for Ghostkerbomb (10 fire, 10 earth and 1-10 physical). It's the ultimate bomb and it's definitely nothing to laugh at.

For shields, definitely go for Faerie Tabard (defends 5 fire, 5 physical, 2 air, 3 earth and fully blocks water) + Ghostkershield (defends 5 earth, 5 physical, 3 air, 3 light and fully blocks darkness) combination or buy a Hubrid Nox Memorial Shield (defends 5 water, 5 air, 5 earth, 5 physical and fully blocks light), which works well with HCC. Definitely keep Hanso Charisma Charm and Downsize! They'll serve you well.

You can upgrade your Randomly Firing Freeze Ray to a 100% freezer - the most stable of which in price is Magical Marbles of Mystery (attacks with 2 physical icons and freezes).

You'll have troubles with your healer - since you're near the 300s, I'm going to suggest three things:

a. Crisp Blue Tunic (defends 2 earth and 2 water, and drains 100 HP from your opponent and heals it to you), but requires the right timing and the right strategies, not to mention the intel requirement :/ But it's definitely a game changer if you have it.It's also a bit pricey :/

b. Everlasting Crystal Apple heals 30 HP but is multi-use. So you could heal every turn if you wanted (not recommended that you do that though XD). It also allows you to see your opponent's weapon list. It's less pricey than CBT because it's made of Hidden Tower items (Everlasting Apple + Jhudoras Crystal Ball).

c. Morph your pet into a Kacheek (Ask for a Kacheek Flour lend and get a Kacheek Life Potion), Gelert (morph your pet into a gelert and buy a Gelert Healing Remedy), Elephante (morph your pet into an Elephante, then buy a Elephante Unugent) or Lenny (cheap morpher, but a bit pricey in terms of healer. It also has a nice freezer) . This is the most economical choice but the heal is only 50%. of your HP. (except Kacheek Life Potion, I suggest you read more about it.)

3. I think Koi Warrior rewards with more codestones :) So it might be better for training :D

4. As of now, no. But we'll never know :)

General Technology gives some good advice! Here's some more information to help inform your decision:

1. It's up to you whether you want to worry about drops with the lab ray. I chose to keep labbing, because I want my pet's strength and HP to go up, and I figure I can use Armoured Neggs with little issues. However, I'm in a different situation, because I'd have to do a lot of level training just to be able to train something else.

Your level allows you to train currently, so I suggest training. You don't need to put in any extra investment to be able to train. With your level, it would cost 6 codestones to train. Unfortunately, it depends on which codestones are required to know whether it's cheaper to train or use an Armoured Negg. Armoured Neggs are running close to 40k NP, while codestones seem to be between 3k and 9k. That means training defense would cost you anywhere between 24k and 45k. I would take those odds and go for the training, even with the codestone inflation.

2. It's really up to you what you want to upgrade first. According to our Battlepedia, most of your weapons (like HCC, Leaf Shield, GHS, and RCG) fall into the "Intermediate" level of weapon sets. I think your best bet is to start moving up to the "Advanced" level weapons like anagram swords, Faerie Tabard/Ghostkershield, and the others General Technology mentioned. To decide what to upgrade first, well, that depends on your strategy. If you use a strategy that's mostly based on freezing, you should upgrade your freezer and/or bomb. If it's very defensive, like using a shield every turn, upgrade your shield. If you prefer power and are likely to use two attack weapons at once, upgrade your constant. If you provide more information about your general strategy, I can try to offer more advice about what to upgrade.

In addition to the alternative weapons General Technology suggested, you should also take a look at:

• Healer: Short Sleeved Yellow Tunic heals 75 HP with some defense and an intel requirement. With your HP, the extra 25 would be really helpful, I bet.
  • Stealer: Heavy Robe Of Thievery is a 100% stealer with a (relatively low) intel requirement and a movement requirement that you don't meet (yet). Being 100%, though, I've found it to be much more reliable than Purple Sticky Hand, and because of that I use it more often.
  • Freezer: Consider also H4000 Helmet and Freezing Potion. MMoM is the best freezer at this level because it comes with 3 attack icons, but the others do 0-2 icons of attack so you're not losing much. When I upgraded a few months ago, these were all around the same price, but I went with H4k because it was the only one I could easily find on the TP and contact the seller. So, it's up to you.

3. The Battlepedia team is still collecting data on the prizes based on challenger, arena, difficulty, etc. As far as I can tell so far with our incomplete data, prizes aren't much more likely/unlikely based on opponent besides those prizes that are specific to one opponent. If you're going for codestones, I think you could fight anyone, but I know different battlers have their favorites. One of our staff members suggests the Jelly Chia, because Leaf Shield blocks pretty much all of his attack.

4. No.

Hope that helps! I'd be curious to know what you decide to do.

Thank you very much Lamppost :) I try XD Love the BD. I've been attempting to study it often :)

Anyways, I just saw your budget now (ignorant, ignorant me :/). With your set now, your constant actually does a lot more damage than your bomb. I'd normally suggest you sell the Rainbow Clockwork Grundo and get a GBomb, but that is entirely up to you. Since you like it, I'd go in another direction of suggestions.

I'd currently suggest getting another constant - particularly Ylanas Blaster (5 fire, 2 air, 3 physical, 2.6 earth), Bow of Destiny (5 earth, 5 air, 3 fire) or Altador Cup Throwing Star (5 air, 5 physical, 3 fire). They're all around 1-1.4 mil but could be priced higher because of plot speculations :/ I'm not going to suggest Wand of Reality (5 air, 5 light, 3 physical) or Brynns Sword of Wraith Smiting (3 fire, 3 earth, 1.75 light, 5 physical) because they might be out of the price range. But if you like them, definitely go for them :D But if you can, go for an anagram sword - even Sword of Skardsen is actually really nice :D

The constant should replace the purple sticky hand. Put the sticky hand in your SDB until need arises for you to steal weapons from your opponent. Plus, stealing isn't allowed in plots (as far as I've heard XD)

General Technology and Lamppost really covered just about anything. I wanted to second General Technology's comment about the Koi Warrior being great for giving out codestones. Yesterday I received 9 codestones out of my 15 prizes - 3 red, 6 regular. I haven't recieved that many codestones from ANY other oppenent (and my daily average isn't too shabby either!)

You can also try battling the S750 Kreludan Defender Robot. It gives out neocola tokens but more importantly, it can give out armoured neggs. I personally battle it a lot to try and get an Armoured Negg (38-40k) :D