Key Quest Quitters

catherineonfire

Is dropping out of Key Quest mid-game a bannable offense? I know it is very annoying and rude, but I just wanted to know if it is also bannable. My laptop has been acting up and I had to force restart during one game, and during ANOTHER game (both this morning!) I had to close the browser because a mini-game made it freeze. I've been playing it successfully on Firefox since then, so hopefully it won't happen again, but I just don't want to get into trouble for it since I really didn't mean to :(. Both users sent me nasty neomails afterwards insinuating that I was lying about my "computer problems" which I was not. Any advice would be good! Thank you.

Quitting is against the rules, but I'm not sure how often it's actually enforced since it's difficult to prove. I think most people only report someone if they quit right before that person is about to win, because it's more of a giveaway of that person being a sore loser, but many people probably don't report at all.

People sending you neomails about it is harassment, though. I'd try not to worry about it too much, but if it continues you can just block and/or report them.

The only thing about computer problems is that dropping games like that can affect your % completion rating (the face beside your name in the KQ main room). I hope it doesn't happen anymore and you can get on with playing! :)

Thanks! After one of the nasty neomails I checked out the person's profile and she had a whole speech on it about how she doesn't tolerate quitters and will report them immediately. I appologized and asked if she wanted to play again as I switched browsers, but she said no - in case I had any more "browser problems..." Argh. I really hope I don't get frozen for it ;(. Thanks for the reply, things have been running smoother on Firefox so far :).

Don't worry, you won't get frozen because one or two people (perhaps) reported you for it. TNT will look at your entire time playing Key Quest. If you get repeatedly reported for it, then you will probably get a warning, or perhaps a suspension. TNT realises that Key Quest is super glitchy, and that peoples' computers do have issues with it.

That's good to hear, thanks.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Yes Quitting is a banable offense :(

I would report the nasty Neomails though, I got a warning from TNT for sending a Neomail asking why someone quit the game(I was just about to walk through the door, and the person quit. I looked on their user lookup and they were 3 weeks old :laughingsmiley: ). If I got a warning for asking why someone quit, I'm pretty sure they will take action for that.

I know :(. I even appologized for my cutting out unintentionally but she was just rude back. Not to mention I just finished playing a game against this one person who had multiples of her 4 keys and I only had two, and she kept stealing mine just to screw me over. It was not fun but I didn't quit mid-game because I realize it's unsportsmanlike! *Sigh* people, lol.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie).

The original topic is now answered and will be closed.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Spritzie if you have any questions regarding this action.