BD for the Avatars

I'm starting to train a pet for the BD, but I'm doing it exclusively to achieve the avatars.

Do you all have any advice on how far I'll have to train my pet in order to do that? I want to pre-purchase all the training materials I'll need, like codestones and dubloons. Or perhaps which weapons would work the best?

I'm working with a relatively small budget for the Battledome, but I want a balanced pet rather than relying on a lab rat.

Instead of training your own pet for the BD, maybe you should think about looking at the ALP's battle pet. You would have to purchase (or borrow from a friend) your own weapons, but you would save the cost of training.

Training a pet is a huge investment, in both time and NP. My battle pet (Ansteigen) may - finally! - be strong enough to beat the Space Faerie for that avatar, but each time I've tried I've lost terribly. I've been training him non-stop for eight-ish months, and I've spent MILLIONS on his training by this point, I'm sure! And that doesn't even take his weapons into consideration.

I enjoy battling though, so it's worth it. If you just want the avatars, I think perhaps borrowing a battle pet may work best for you. :)

I do agree with Rebecca. I think that maybe if you're in it for avatars alone, then you decide not to do BD anymore, I think you should just borrow pets (maybe even items if you can).

But if you want to commit to BD, then you have to train your pet (which ever it may be) for possibilities of wars or just battling for fun :D

If you would, then I would have a couple of suggestions as to what your items would be and what you should train with :D

TDN has guides for all of the avatar challengers on the Battlepedia. You can view the guides here: http://battlepedia.t...articles/index/. If you look under "1 Player Neopets Challenger Guides" (the third box down), there's a list of guides for several 1-P opponents, including the Black Pteri, Meerca Henchmen, Meuka, and the Space Faerie. Each guide has a box of recommended stats, so you can see how far you'll need to train your pet. I think the Space Faerie is highest, which recommends 200+ HP, 125+ strength, and 55+ defense.

I agree with the others, though. If you're really only in it for the avatars, you'd probably be much better off borrowing a pet than training your own. The BD can be fun on its own, so I would recommend it, but only if you're interested. (I'm slightly biased! :))