Dice-a-roo avatar

crazy_cat_luv_bb

Recently, I'm working on the dice-a-roo avatar, and I have a question: http://www.neopets.com/ntimes/index.phtml?section=341758&week=301

In the Neopian Times, it said that you would win once every 40 times of playing Dice-a-roo. I know it's not true now, because i've sure i played a lots more that 40 times. I'm not mind about the NP, what I care for is the avatar. What I want to ask is that how many times (approx) have you played to win the jackpot dice-a-roo and if you know, can you tell me what is the percentage to get the jackpot? Thank you guys so much! :thumbsup:

Once every 40 times?? :O um... no.

I have the avatar, have no idea how many hundreds of times I played to get it, but it was a lot!

Remember, that article you linked to isn't written by TNT, it's written by some random person, who is clearly not the brightest, because they think you can win the game by using strategy. The only strategy you need is to keep pressing the 'roll again' button :P

In any case, I think their maths is pretty screwed. A 98% chance of getting past green? Maybe in their dreams...

Just keep playing - you'll get it eventually :)

I just got this avatar 2 days ago. I've literally played the game just about every single day for a year. And each day I would play until my pet got bored and refused to keep playing. 2 days ago was the first time I had ever gotten the jackpot. I think it will be different for every one though. I think it's just completely random.

The Dice-a-Roo avatar took me weeks of playing every single day. Make sure you constantly press the refresh button for about 30 seconds to a minute and stop to see where your game is at. Then repeat until your pet gets bored every day. It takes a long time and a lot of patience - but is worth it in the end. :)

I still haven't been able to get the avatar, but I've definitely played more than 40 times. Just takes a lot of patience, I suppose. Which I'm starting to lack, because almost every other game I start I get a "Game Over" roll right off the bat. Going after this is getting a tad bit frustrating. :P

When I actually tried for the avvie, I just played daily until my pet was bored. I think I got it in 2 or 3 days. It was definitely less than a week. Even now when I play (I go through phases of playing) everyday until my pet is bored, I win a jackpot every couple days, though that jackpot is usually under 10k xD. It's not as rare as other jackpots, like scratchcards, so that's good news to those looking for the avvie.

It's hard to say you win, on average, every X number of games, because, if the dice are being annoying, a game could be one roll long, as you could lose on the first click. 20 of these "games" can be equal to one "normal" game. It would be interesting to test on average how many ROLLS it takes to win a jackpot, as I feel this might be a little better indicator, but again, there's a lot of randomness involved.

And testing dice-a-roo is not fun xD We did some testing last year regarding the level up dice and game over dice. We found that, of all the times a "level up" was rolled, you would ACTUALLY level up about 35% of the time, whereas the other 65%, it would say "you were so close!" and, from the times you rolled a game over dice, the game would actually end about 70% of the time, whereas the other 30% you would get the "You almost got game over-Phew!" message.

For me, I played until my pet was bored for about a week or two (and some random games at other times) before finally getting the jackpot. Just keep at it- you'll get it sooner or later!

I have played Dice-A-Roo for years - I think well over a 1,000 times - and never got to the Jackpot or avatar. It's a game of chance. There is no guarantee, ever, and every time you play you go up against the same odds. So indeed, just keep clicking :)