Places to restock

olbaidx

Ok magic just seems crazy, it seems you have to refresh right on time and hope someone else miss haggles to get an MP. I'll keep trying because i've been getting closer and have got a couple buy-able ones. Stamps are ok, I manage to get some decent restocks and it's always cleared but It seems almost as popular as magic in how fast things go. I don't even mind hard to sell items but can someone give me some ideas of new places to restock (not where the hardcore restockers go but somewhere I can still make decent NP w/o restocking a bunch of >10k profit items) I was thinking petpets? idk though lol, seems anyplace to make a decent profit on items would be packed. Just anything, like maybe where you restock :P

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie).

The topic was posted in the wrong area.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been MOVED from ‘TDN Questions’ to ‘Neopets Help’.

One of the best tips I ever got was to pick one or two shops and get to know the stock. Once you know the types of things that are restocking and their approximate resell value (what you sell them for in your shop), you get a lot quicker at picking out which things to snag and which aren't worth buying.

Personally, I take the approach of making a profit by selling a bunch of things with a smaller profit margin than worrying about the huge-profit items. There's less competition to restock the less-profitable items, so I tend to go for those. I usually hang out in the main food shop in Neopia Central, though usually only on half-price day. You won't see Morphing Potions or Paint Brushes restocking, but you can grab gourmet foods, kad foods and sometimes neggs, all of which generally sell quickly and can get you decent profits.

I've had decent success in Mystical Backgrounds (108), Gift Shop (17) and Clothes (4). Nowadays, I've been trying for stamps, without any success since I'm not really trying hard, and there's probably too many people (and autobuyers) there. I find it easier to just restock at AAA though. I think books are a good place to restocks, since they are one-time use.

I concur with Emily with selecting a few shops, and get to know what to restock, and just buying items that are less valuable, but will still yield profit. I bought a bunch of the Blue Satin Collar, which tends to be needed for the Faerieland Employment Agency, and they've sold pretty fast.

I was actually going to pose a question like this earlier but then saw that you created this topic. :)

I am a TERRIBLE restocker. I wanted to attempt it this month, yet again though....

Usually when I buy something, it's always the wrong thing. Even on half price day I end up losing NP's. How does that happen!? & What am I doing wrong? I know some people are more familiar with the prices of items than I am, but even then... aren't you just taking guesses and hoping it will be profitable?

If I were to price check ahead of time, I'd surely never get an item. I wanted to try my luck at stamps this year... because I want to start collecting more. :P

Also; you should probably steer clear of the magic shoppe if you wish to make the most of half price day. I'm no expert and I'm not saying you won't get lucky... but from what I've read even the best restockers have a really really hard time snagging anything worthy from there. I am too afraid to try it because I have a feeling I'll buy something, and yet again lose like 30k profit. Last month I lost like 50k total.

How embarrassing. :sad02:

Try pharmacy. It gives small profits on HPD, but good for new restockers. Then I'd move to the Food Shop. The chocolate factory would be the next choice as it gives nice items in each load. Before magic, you should stay at stamps for a while to practice. (that is where I am :P)

I first learned to restock in the Pharm. This was during TFR when the Healing Springs Faerie was frozen and everyone needed to heal their pets for battle. The profits aren't nearly as good anymore, but there are still a few good-profit items that show up, and there's relatively little competition for them. It's a good place to start, as Finn said.

Once you've got the basic practice down, do what Em said. Find a few shops you like and learn their stock. Almost every shop restocks a few profitable items, so it doesn't matter too much which you pick. Once you know what you're looking for and what to ignore, you'll make decent profits regardless of where you are.