I just had a major facepalm moment. I go to my neomail inbox: There are no mails. Weird. I look at my neopoints on hand: 7k. I had more when I went to bed last night. I check my bank account: I HAVE NO BANK ACCOUNT! I don't have a shop either. I'm starting to get scared, I think I've been hacked! But oh look, I'm on my side account. Glad I didn't do any dailies. I guess using plain site themes on side accounts isn't as effective as I thought.

My facepalm moment happened long ago when I did play neopets for a little while. I was a kid and are not native english speaker. My cousin helped me and my sister playing it. When she quit, she gave us the account and we turn her beautiful blue kacheek to a mutant tonu by Tonu Transmogrification Potion withthout knowing it's a Transmogrification Potion but thinking it was healing potion or something. After that, I think we (my siter and I) put it in the pound (i don't remember anymore). And until now, when my english is truly better I came back to neopets and realized it's a Transmogrification Potion and worth for about 250k NP.

Haha okay mine is not that *facepalm* as compared to those before mine. I do jobs from the Faerieland Employment Agency to earn neopoints. And sometimes my mathematics fail me and I end up taking jobs which cause me to LOSE neopoints instead of earning them. All of these happen in my eagerness to apply for the job. Only after I get the job then I whip out my calculator to count how much I would make/lose. *facepalm*

One time I accidentally bought a plushie paintbrush instead of an actual paintbrush -.-

Awh, that sucks. I can kinda relate as I once bought the petpet lab map thinking I was getting a really good deal on the actual secret lab map pieces. :laughingsmiley:

Mine involve getting a good score in a game (Especially when it's the GMC or DD when I need to beat a certain score), and I accidentally press "Restart Game" instead of "Send Score", and there goes my high score, my NP, and now I have to try and beat AAA all over again....or just try to get 1000 NP if it's not a game event.

And once upon a time I got a Mootix, via a Random Event, and I sold it. But guess what, I had no idea there was an avatar involved, I should have just attached it to one of me pets's Petpets. *facepalm* However...NP are a liiiiiitle bit more important to me than avatars...Okay, maybe more than a little, but....still.

• 2 months later...

I accidently sold a bottled faerie for way less than what it was worth! I totally forgot to compare with other prices and I think mistook which one it was when I sold it. Well congrats to the person who bought it because they got it at quiet a bargain.

I scrimped and saved and worked hard to earn 12M for a pirate paint brush. I actually made it a few months ahead of my goal and was so proud of myself. And then a week later, my friend was all "Oh, yeah, pirate pb's are gonna drop soon, because KI won the AC last year, and TNT usually gives out the winning pb for a prize. Maybe they won't give out a pirate pb since it's worth so much more than the other teams', but I'd better sell this spare pirate pb I had sitting in my SDB (and never told you about) before prices drop." Prices dropped 50% less than a month after I bought it. If only I hadn't been so ambitious and had kept to my original schedule...

And then KI got smashed and rebuilt and regularly gives out pirate pb's. They're now worth 5% of what I paid. That 12M could have gotten me a really nice HT bd item or two.

Not quite a facepalm moment, but I recently zapped my pet into a Skeith. I keep having mini-heart attacks every time I click on an item and scroll down to try to use it. I keep accidentally clicking "Feed to Aschers" (because now it's second on the list) and am terrified that one day I won't pay attention and will feed him something expensive on accident. I can't wait until I zap him into any other species (besides Grarrls, ofc).

When I first started playing 12 years ago I was like 10 and super naive and had no idea about hackers and scams. So I fell for a ton of fake shop scams. I would see a bottled faerie for 1000NP, which was super below their market value, but upon trying to buy it would tell me I was logged out so I'd log back in and try to buy it again. Obviously, that account got hacked, but now that I know what it was I just facepalm thinking how many times my username and password would have shown up on their records...I tried logging back in so many times.

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently while emptying out my SDB, I read a book worth ~2.6mil to my pet. Poof, gone. I mean, I already decided that I'm collecting books for my pet to read, but eep! If I had known I was blowing that much money this early on, I'd at least have given it a proper goodbye (and I would have packed my inventory with far more junk out of paranoia towards the Pant Devil).

When I first started i had an item that was worth a couple million in nps (now) that I got randomly from a friend. and accidently put it in my shop for 1 np. >.< I tried to get it back saying it was a mistake, but the person wouldnt give it back. I even reported them and explained my mistake, but neopets sided with them and I soon found that their account was frozen after a couple of days of me reporting it. So that's something at least. But I never saw the item again. :(

When I first started i had an item that was worth a couple million in nps (now) that I got randomly from a friend. and accidently put it in my shop for 1 np. >.< I tried to get it back saying it was a mistake, but the person wouldnt give it back. I even reported them and explained my mistake, but neopets sided with them and I soon found that their account was frozen after a couple of days of me reporting it. So that's something at least. But I never saw the item again. :(

Yeah, it's a sucky situation, but they were totally within their rights to keep it. Mistakes do happen, but that's part of the game. They wouldn't have been frozen for that, so they must have done something else to break the rules.

One time, I got a tree on Kass Basher, which is EXTREMELY rare. I don't know how rare, but still! I waited for the 9mph wind so I could get my first real game troupy! I was so excited...and...I missed.... <_<

I've gotten the tree 2 or 3 times. And I've missed. Every. Single. Time. Since the bat is faster than the stick, which is faster than the bread, I expect the tree is faster? But I'm not sure. The last time, I told myself to "calm down" and waited a few minutes. And still missed.

ETA:

Today: Going to place my Food Club bets and discovering they stop taking bets (at least) 15 min. before the race begins. Doh! TNT, you should really post that somewhere obvious.

Edited by siniri

• 3 years later...

One time, I got a tree on Kass Basher, which is EXTREMELY rare. I don't know how rare, but still! I waited for the 9mph wind so I could get my first real game troupy! I was so excited...and...I missed....  <_<

omg same, im still wallowing in my failure and the kass basher tree happened like an hour ago...)': i literally waited until 9kmph before whacking, and my heart just sank cuz i knew i missed ...DANG.

I can totally relate to everyone who's ever left a digit off the end of the price they're putting on something in their shop because that was me not so many days ago.  Still.  I console myself with the fact that somebody out there got a real bargain and I hope it was somebody who needed a bit of good luck going their way.