Okay, I need advice.

xSummer

What would you do if you were hired at a position and promised a bunch of things like pay raise, bonuses, ect, and yet you were never given them but other people were. However, you like most of the people at the job, its an easy job, its fun most times, but you feel like you aren't given the rights you should have. Also you work at a job that doesn't completely go along with your given degree which you would have never taken the job without the promises that were said. Do you quit the job and find a place that respects you and do what you should be doing or do you stay in a job because it's good money and its stable in this economy.

Please note too, you feel sometimes that you are only around because you are needed and the moment you aren't needed you are gotten rid of.

Thanks.

Oh and btw you've already voiced your concerns and yet nothing was done.

I would definitely start looking for a new job, one that allows you to grow into the position you feel you are capable of and enjoy. Quitting right out would make a statement for sure, but may not be the best financial decision, especially because of the job market. Personally, I would stay in the position just to keep a paycheck coming in, but begin looking for something else. The fact that you were promised all those things would make you wonder, if they lied to you about that, what else did they lie about?

Getting a job that doesn't fit with your degree isn't THAT uncommon, depending what your degree is in. I was reading something awhile back that mentioned over 60% of people end up working in jobs for 7+ years (over the course of their lives) that are completely unrelated to their post-secondary field of study. So unless it bothers YOU that your job doesn't fit with your degree, it's not really an issue.

honestly it bothered me when I was looking for a job but because I was being promised being a manager, a raise, all this grand stuff, it kind of was like ok I am being recognized for being better but now that everything promised isn't, now I'm like oh ok. Also I feel like will this just make me look like a fool staying around.

I would keep this job for the time being but search for something better. That way if you aren't able to find anything at the moment, you still have a job and won't be unemployed but if you're able to get something better, you can leave. That doesn't sound like a fun situation and I'm really sorry you've been having to deal with all that. Good luck!