Books you bought/received/want to read

Tsalagi_Phoenix

• 2 weeks later...

I got Seraphina by Rachel Hartman and The Girl of Fire and Stones by Rae Carson for Christmas and just finished them. They both have beautiful covers and were recommended by Tamora Pierce. Although the second book was about a princess in medieval made-up land, it was entirely different from anything I've ever read. I would recommend both books, they were both incredible!

• 2 weeks later...

I want to read Dark Hollow by Brian Keene soon. I'm going to a book signing of his this month and I'd like to have it finished before I go.

• 2 weeks later...

A few of my friends from university and I are all over the world at the moment so we decided to start a virtual book club to stay in touch and Skype every month. The first book picked is The Swan Thieves by Elizabeth Kostova. I've never heard of it before, but I just picked it up from the library so I hope it's good.

The last book I bought was yesterday at the Dollar Tree. It's At the Sign of the Star by Katherine Sturtevant.

I was given two boxed sets for Christmas: Divergent (2 books) and Matched/Crossed/Reached (which I'd never heard of -- apparently my sister told my brother I really wanted them for some reason). I haven't started either of them yet because I have too many library books and keep reserving more. I just watched the ALA award announcements and reserved the Newberry winner The One and Only Ivan, Bomb: the race to build and steal the world's most dangerous weapon (which was nominated for a bunch of stuff, and I think it won a few, too), and Aristotle and Dante discover the secrets of the universe (which also won at least a couple of things).

I bought three books today. I had to go to my library to pick up two books I had on hold and I went in my library's book store. They are having an Easter Basket sale also, where you pick an egg and you can get 10%-30% off. So, the egg I picked I got 30% off the books I bought. The books I bought are: Clockwork by Philip Pullman, Crown Duel by Sherwood Smith and Wolves of the Beyond by Kathryn Lasky.

• 1 year later...

I want to read This Is Where I Leave You. I saw the trailer today, but I didn't pay much attention to it because I want to read the book first but the trailer reminded me that I really want to read the book

Does anyone on here use Goodreads?

I haven't read any books by Ursula K. Le Guin, but I've heard her books are good. If you like fantasy, I recommend Diana Wynne Jones. She was a wonderful fantasy author.

I use it. I try to track how many books I read in a year that way.

I was recently loaned "Storm Front" by Jim Butcher. I like it, it's a fun quick read. And right now I'm looking for something a little mindless to escape from my day-to-day life.

I use it. I try to track how many books I read in a year that way.

I was recently loaned "Storm Front" by Jim Butcher. I like it, it's a fun quick read. And right now I'm looking for something a little mindless to escape from my day-to-day life.

There are like.. 14 more after Storm Front... The Dresden Files gets... well, it gets quite interesting. I hope you can get into the series. A great deal of it should be in a local library, the series has been going for a decent while.

There are like.. 14 more after Storm Front... The Dresden Files gets... well, it gets quite interesting. I hope you can get into the series. A great deal of it should be in a local library, the series has been going for a decent while.

I love a long series. :) I tried getting into the Sword of Truth books, but the author's political leanings really got into the way of the story so I stopped at book 8. But so far, I'm really enjoying The Dresden Files and I have a feeling I'll commit to it for the long haul.

I love GoodReads!! Anyone can feel free to ask for my username and I can post it or forward it along. I have way too many books that I want to read (my to-read shelf at home is stacked, plus others elsewhere), aha. One of my favourite singers (Alan Doyle from Great Big Sea) is releasing his first book in October, and anytime James Rollins releases one... I want it!!

• 2 weeks later...

I am just now reading a book called Feed, written by Mira Grant.

I picked it up from the thrift store on a whim, and I have been pleasantly surprised.

It is a 'zombie' tale...but, it is cleverly written and attention-keeping.

Probably not worthy of a slot on my 'keep' shelf, but, it is an entertaining read!

:P