Curses!

Anxious Zombie

My account was stolen and used by someone to move bought neopoints! All while I was napping away the side effects of my new medication T-T I worked soooo hard on that account. I sent a ticket but TNT can't really do anything for me.

I once got the ticket explanation - "TNT won't be responsible in case of stolen password. You have responsibility to keep your account safe"

I know how you feel. In case you really really really want your account back. Neomail them, ask them politely to BUY it back. I know it sounds ridiculous. But's that's the only way if the account means so much to you in term of memory / effort.

TNT will not do anything for you. Even when you have proven you are the real owner (I've tried before)

I'm just going to drop it. I understand that TNT is just trying to stop those fowl people selling neopoints for actual money. I'll miss my account but I'd rather see it go down then be used like that. I'll really miss the older account perks :(

Any way, I'm now at muffinses if anyone wants to neomail me. But I'll be super hyper gaming for a while so you might not hear back from me for the next month or so O.O

I'm just going to drop it. I understand that TNT is just trying to stop those fowl people selling neopoints for actual money. I'll miss my account but I'd rather see it go down then be used like that. I'll really miss the older account perks :(

Any way, I'm now at muffinses if anyone wants to neomail me. But I'll be super hyper gaming for a while so you might not hear back from me for the next month or so O.O

Aww I'm so sorry. That's really unfair, I know how it feels to be banned for something you didn't personally do. I'm glad you aren't like me to just quit haha. What are some of the older account perks?

More trades, the abandoned attic (not that I used it much), just knowing you've had an account 'that' long. There are others too, but that was most important to me.

I don't know about the email. I changed the password to my email just to be safe. But yes, my side account go frozen too.

No I mean, sometimes, buyers are lazy to change email address after buying. So if you find out fast enough, you can use "forgotten password" feature to get the password to be sent to your email

To be secure from now on, activate birthday login & put pin on everything. So even if they got your accounts, they can not change email right away. You can totally get it back :)

Did your hacked account get frozen? Or is it still in use?

It got frozen sadly. Which is why I wont put up a fight, TNT rarely unfreezes an account. I think I've heard of 1 time ever. I was using a pin for a lot of things, but I took the one off the bank account to get money easily to adopt on my side account. Now I have a pin for everything.

Edit: By the waqy, thanks for talking me through this guys, I'd spent half of my life on that account. I would have been crying right now without someone to talk to

If it makes you feel any better, my really first & beloved main got frozen too. I got cookie grabbed I believe. So much memories & effort

How long was your account?

If you need any help building the new main, I will be more willing to help ya out tho :) Don't be so sad, you have the whole community to back you up.

It was 11 1/2 years old. I started it at the age of ten. I would love a neofriend if you're willing. I'm an active habi helper :) even if you don't play your resources will never be broken

Wow, that's a lot of years ...... In that case, I recommend you to beg TNT. Try google something out because different TNT staff has different attitude. Some are much nicer than others. So just keep trying, don't give up on it yet

I'm planning to learn habi. Is it difficult to get started? I'm just feeling lazy at the moment.

It got frozen sadly. Which is why I wont put up a fight, TNT rarely unfreezes an account. I think I've heard of 1 time ever. I was using a pin for a lot of things, but I took the one off the bank account to get money easily to adopt on my side account. Now I have a pin for everything.

Edit: By the waqy, thanks for talking me through this guys, I'd spent half of my life on that account. I would have been crying right now without someone to talk to

That is not true at all. TNT often returns accounts back to their rightful owner. If you really want your account back, you should fight for it.

TNT is aware of situations like this and in most situations, as long as you can prove you are in fact the owner, your account will be returned to you.

Neomail them, ask them politely to BUY it back. I know it sounds ridiculous. But's that's the only way if the account means so much to you in term of memory / effort.

TNT will not do anything for you. Even when you have proven you are the real owner (I've tried before)

I'm going to adamantly oppose openly talking about illegal things via neomail to attempt to get your account back. There is absolutely no good that can come from that and will put your current account in jeopardy.

How do you know that someone not only bought your account, but used it to transfer nps? That's fairly specific :P Most people jsut assume they've been CG'd. My other question is did you report the account, resulting in it being frozen, or did the perp self freeze after the fact?

Fight it, fight for your account back for as long as it takes. You did nothing wrong. It may take a long time, months, even up to a year (so definitely keep playing on your new account), but lots of other people got their accounts back after things like this.

I am really sorry that this happened, too. :(

That's absolutely awful. :( I don't understand people that steal accounts, but especially on a game. What does it profit them but to take away the time and effort someone else has put into it?

That is not true at all. TNT often returns accounts back to their rightful owner. If you really want your account back, you should fight for it.

TNT is aware of situations like this and in most situations, as long as you can prove you are in fact the owner, your account will be returned to you.

I'm going to adamantly oppose openly talking about illegal things via neomail to attempt to get your account back. There is absolutely no good that can come from that and will put your current account in jeopardy.

How do you know that someone not only bought your account, but used it to transfer nps? That's fairly specific :P Most people jsut assume they've been CG'd. My other question is did you report the account, resulting in it being frozen, or did the perp self freeze after the fact?

Nah, I'm just saying that if there are no other possible ways .... Buying back your account is the very very last option if you love your account so much that your heart dies :D

TNT does not always return account which CG'ed, as in my case a while ago. I've talked to several staff, they all said the same thing. I love my account, but not enough to spend years to fight. So I gave up after a few months or so

coopkaty By the way, pm or tell me the name of your hacked account. I ll see if I can track anything on google that you could use :) I'm rather skillful with google

Did I say someone bought my account? Let me explain exactly what happened. At 6 pm EST I went down for a nap because my new meds and bad pizza were upsetting my stomach. When I woke up at 9 pm I tried to play a game and it prompted me to log in. When I did I got the red box of death saying my account was frozen. I sent a ticket into TNT and they responded that my account was caught buying junk items for high sums and accepting paintbrushes from a questionable account.

Then I made this thinking everything was all over, talked to a few people, and made muffinses & muffinses1. Everyone convinced me to keep trying so I sent in a new ticket with all my information. I got a reply saying they are currently reviewing my info and will get back to me as soon as possible

Woo! Glad TNT is on it :D Looks good for you!

Sorry, I misinterpreted what you said based off of your signature (Friends don't let friends buy neopoints. Protect your account.) and you saying that you specifically knew how/why it was broken into/frozen, as well as Warbler suggesting to buy it back :)

Did I say someone bought my account? Let me explain exactly what happened. At 6 pm EST I went down for a nap because my new meds and bad pizza were upsetting my stomach. When I woke up at 9 pm I tried to play a game and it prompted me to log in. When I did I got the red box of death saying my account was frozen. I sent a ticket into TNT and they responded that my account was caught buying junk items for high sums and accepting paintbrushes from a questionable account.

Then I made this thinking everything was all over, talked to a few people, and made muffinses & muffinses1. Everyone convinced me to keep trying so I sent in a new ticket with all my information. I got a reply saying they are currently reviewing my info and will get back to me as soon as possible

I really do hope everything goes well for you. -hugs- 11 1/2 years is an awful long time. You are definitley more motivated than me, if this happened to me I'd probably be on a long hiatus. All the while being very upset. :P I'm glad they have been responding to your tickets in a reasonable time period though, as they usually never do so perhaps that means they are seriously considering unfreezing it. :)

I've gone on hiatus before, claiming that I 'quit this time!' (reviewed scores not going through, but nothing bad happening either). I always come back in the same week, so I just stopped.