Crashing and Burning in the Stock Market

Anxious Zombie

I am assuming you bought MPC? All stocks go up at some point so it's just a matter of waiting it out. I think when most people buy an expensive stock for the avvie they sell it right away, so there is no chance of a loss and you can just get the avatar. You definitley shouldn't have held onto it. But I don't think it's anything you can't recover from. Just check it frequently and if it gets close to the price you bought it at - sell. Or you could sell right now at a loss if you don't wanna wait and are afraid of waiting a long time for it to go back up. It's really up to you. Hopefully some regulars of the stock market board will pop in here and give some better advice.

Personally, I'd sell it right now and cut my losses. It's pretty risky to buy so high and you have to be prepared for it to drop dramatically like it did with you :( It's not very often that stocks get up to 174 so if you're only wanting to play for the avatar, you might be waiting a loooong while for it to get back up. In the future, I'd recommend only buying when stocks are low (15 or 16) and slowly building up to the avatar. That's how I did it, and although it took longer, I never lost any money. In fact, I earned a bunch of money while trying and now I love the stock market and play every day!

I would personally cut my losses and sell now. Their is no telling if the stock will ever go that high again, also you can take whatever you get back from selling and put it into a cheaper stock (only buy at 15, the lowest possible) and make up the rest of the np that way. You won't be waiting nearly as long but you will just have to invest it over a couple of days.

Stocks are all about luck and chance, which is why I don't play in real life!

Well, in real life, you can actually do research and look at financial statements so you can more or less predict if the company will earn in the future. It only becomes a gamble if you know nothing about the stock but still buy it because of rumors or hype.

As for the OP's problem, like the others, I also recommend selling now. It will be worse if the price goes down below 100. Even if you can wait forever, why do so at all?

They're right - it might be 5 or 10 years. Will you be playing still?

I've been playing for 11 1/2 years now why stop in 5 or 10? But you'll all be happy to know I sold it all, my other stocks made up the difference

Well, in real life, you can actually do research and look at financial statements so you can more or less predict if the company will earn in the future. It only becomes a gamble if you know nothing about the stock but still buy it because of rumors or hype.

As for the OP's problem, like the others, I also recommend selling now. It will be worse if the price goes down below 100. Even if you can wait forever, why do so at all?

Yea, but there was a market crash a few years ago which could be sudden. Imagine KSON hits from 700 to 5!

Yea, but there was a market crash a few years ago which could be sudden. Imagine KSON hits from 700 to 5!

Um.. Not sure why you're telling me this. I recommended the OP to sell. :) On another note, that crash was beneficial to me because I bought KSON cheaply then.