Battle with lab scientist - Gender change

keiwo

Hiya guys!

I'm not sure if this is the kind of request I'm allowed to post here, but I've recently hatched another Draik, and to my dismay, it hatched as a female (I already have a female Draik and really wanted a male one :~(). I figure the easiest way to switch her to male is to battle the lab scientist and hope it changes her gender. The only problem is that I don't have the lab map and to be honest with you, I'm not willing to shell out for it haha. I was wondering if there was anyone on here with the lab map who would be willing to take my pet temporarily and battle the lab scientist with her to see if you can get her gender changed. It'd be much appreciated :~)

I would so help you out if I had transfers or an open slot. I only have the lab map on my main so I wouldn't be able too.

I'm sure if you wait till the forum is more active (here in about 3-4 hours. I guess normal people are asleep at this time. xD haha) then someone should help you out! Best of luck. :)

I'd be more than welcome to, I've only used one of my transfers this month. (I get two per month because I've been on Neopets for 36+ months :)) I have the scientist as a challenger and (I will have) an empty slot; I adopted a pet from the pound to lab but I'll get him back really quick (hopefully) :shiftyeyes_anim:

EDIT: I tried battling the scientist w/the lab pet to see if it worked. Seems it didn't. :whaa:

EDIT2: Apparently Duski is a derphead and doesn't know you have to battle him until you get the event. :arrowhead:

Edited by Duskitty

I'd be more than welcome to, I've only used one of my transfers this month. (I get two per month because I've been on Neopets for 36+ months :)) I have the scientist as a challenger and (I will have) an empty slot; I adopted a pet from the pound to lab but I'll get him back really quick (hopefully) :shiftyeyes_anim:

EDIT: I tried battling the scientist w/the lab pet to see if it worked. Seems it didn't. :whaa:

I believe you have to keep battling and it will occur as a random event after a couple tries. I haven't tried it yet though.

I haven't battled the scientist in the new battledome, but I expect that it works pretty much as it used to. He may or may not use his gender zapper (whatever it's called) in any battle and it'll say in the combat log whether your pet has changed gender.

Oh, awesome thank you for clearing that up! I just checked and apparently I don't have the scientist as a BD challenger yet. I thought you got it after getting the lab map opened but I'm guessing it's a random event as well? I'm not sure now....

The gender change happens when the Scientist uses his Strange Potion. http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/weapon/viewweap/1918

Also, to get the Scientist as a challenger, you can refresh at the lab map page. See the Lab Ray Scientist's profile on the Battlepedia for more information (including how to unlock him as a challenger): http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/oneplayer/viewprofile/153

• 1 month later...