Feeling completely hopeless.....

~Xandria

My boyfriend just left me without saying a word. He came home and grabbed all of his stuff while I was gone. We had a fight the night before, but it would have been at least halfway decent of him to let me know he was leaving... instead of just being so immature about it. We have been together for 4 years and now all of that was nothing but a waste of time.

I feel so hopeless and lost and scared now. I don't know what I'm going to do as far as money goes and I'm spending Thanksgiving alone.... we were supposed to go to his families house for Thanksgiving.

Instead I'll probably be sitting here, wallowing in my own self pity.

Sorry for the depressing update guys, I just don't know what to do. I feel like my hearts been ripped out of my chest.

I'm really sorry to hear that :( is there noway you can get to any family or friends for thanksgiving? I'm sure none of them would want you to be spending it on your own.

No idea what is going through your BF's head but it'sa cruel thing to do before the holidays, not saying it's ok any other time of year but now especially is the worst time IMO. Do you know where he's gone and if you can contact him?

I'm so sorry, Xandria :( *huge hug* Is there a chance that he's just overreacting? That he'll call tomorrow or come back home? After four years, it should be impossible to just grab your stuff and leave - especially without saying a word about it.

I know it's probably not much of a comfort, but if you need to talk about anything at all, you'll always have people here to listen and give you support.

Like Niki said, a PM away at most! Thinking of you ♥

Dynohawk - He refuses to talk to me. I know where he is but I don't really want to go over there and start drama. I just would have prefered a little closure, ya know? :( & Yeah it is a shame it had to be right before Thanksgiving, but I guess it was meant to happen sooner or later. It's going to be so hard for me to get over this, he's all I've ever known since I was 14. I was already really depressed before all this happened, and now I'm terrified it just's going to take me over the edge.

Thank you for your support though. It's really appreciated.

Niki - Thank you dear. I know I can always come and talk to you. <3 I think I'll probably take you up on that.

Erika - What you said could be true. That's a very real possibility. I know I've already said this; but I really wish he would just let me know what is going on. I mean, come on. We've been together long enough to talk to each other face to face about something like this. I need to know whether to get over him, wait it out, change my facebook status. lol. Okay, that last one can wait... but still.

Thank you for the kind words and support. :3

Oh god, sweetie, I'm so sorry this happened to you. :( -hugs- Please, if you need to talk, PM me- I'm always around.

Wow, I'm so sorry to hear about this. :( Sending loads of hugs and love your way. Hopefully he'll offer some sort of explanation in the coming days- maybe it just was an overreaction. Like everyone else, I'm always here if you need to vent or talk about anything! Keeping you in my thoughts. <3

I'm so sorry :( Even if you had a fight (don't know what it's about or how serious), it's mind boggling to me that he would just leave without saying a word. No one deserves that, and that was a really crappy and selfish thing to do. That's hard to get over. Please let us know how things work out.

I am so sorry to hear this happened. I haven't been here long and I don't really know you, but if you need someone to talk to, you can message me.

First off, *hugs*

I'm really sorry to hear this *hugs*

I also don't agree with getting up & leave just like that. But perhaps a few days apart may help you both to cool down & compose your thoughts?

My thoughts are with you. Take care <3

OMG Xandria, I am so sorry *hugs* I don't understand myself why he couldn't just wait around and talk to you after four years it would make more sense to talk things through IMO. As everyone has said here please feel free to PM me and talk about it I'm always here <3

Thanks everyone for the sweet and uplifting comments. What he has done is cruel, to not even tell me what's going on.... Idk, just seems really immature. He finally called me and said he was coming home today. At this point, I'm so worked up, I don't even know what to say to him. I mean, he could have just told me he needed a break and I would have been completely fine with it. But instead he's going to make me think he broke up with me?!!! Really? Ugh, I'm beyond furious.

Anyways; I'm a bit calmer today despite being alone on Thanksgiving. It kinda sucks and brings me back to my childhood. I was alone a lot around the holidays as a kid. :sad02:

I am sorry to hear that you have had this heartbreak and hope things do work out for you...I just hope he doesn't think he is doing you a big favour by calling you and telling you he is coming (home). Try and make sure he knows how hurt you were that he COULD leave without any word or warning and that it is not something you will accept again....If he cares for you he will realise hurting you is not something he can do without discussion or at least a reason why he feels he needs to leave. Maybe he is a little bit immature to think he can hurt you so badly and it will just be forgotten....trust needs to be earned and is easier to break than to mend...Good Luck and Lots of hugs for you from me also....Colleen

Xandria, you poor thing, this sounds awful :( No one deserves to be treated like that. You'd think that after 4 years he'd have learned how to communicate... URGH BOYS!! Anyways, I hope you can sort it out and if not, at least get some closure. Just make sure to do what is best for you. Sending you lots of love and hugs!!!

Awww, sweetie, I'm sorry you're alone today. :( -hugs-

Wow, I can't believe your boyfriend though. I'm glad he finally explained himself, but ugh. I hope he realises how completely unacceptable acting like this is!

• 1 year later...

Thanks everyone for the sweet and uplifting comments. What he has done is cruel, to not even tell me what's going on.... Idk, just seems really immature. He finally called me and said he was coming home today. At this point, I'm so worked up, I don't even know what to say to him. I mean, he could have just told me he needed a break and I would have been completely fine with it. But instead he's going to make me think he broke up with me?!!! Really? Ugh, I'm beyond furious.

Anyways; I'm a bit calmer today despite being alone on Thanksgiving. It kinda sucks and brings me back to my childhood. I was alone a lot around the holidays as a kid. :sad02:

I'm not going to sugar coat it, he sounds like a jerk. I personally would tell him to not let the door hit him on his way out. Specially if he knew you have depression and he was helping you with it. Doesn't matter who said what in the fight, that's just not an ok thing to do.

The very least he should do is apologize. I get so furious when anyone in a relationship pulls pathetic crap like that.

I suddenly realized this is a 2 year old post, but I couldn't help saying something.

I hope things worked out and that he realizes that was no an ok or remotely adult response to any situation.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not use curse words in your posts. These have been removed.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.