New to this. Advice?

April

Well, I always had one main pet I'd use for Faerie quests, but have never really battled with her.

Simba. That's her there.

Mainly, I want to get into this battling thing and I've read some guides which is what got me started with my current set. However, I'm looking to upgrade now that I have a few more neopoints.

Simba's current set:

Lesser Healing Scroll (is it worth buying the Greater Healing Scroll?, Is there another one above that?)

Rainbow Scroll

Leaf Shield

Gilded War Hammer

Snowglobe Staff

Scarab Ring

Mechaberry bomb.

Basically, I just want to upgrade most of these items but I've read so many guides I'm not sure what the cheapest best way to do this is...

Also, is movement really a useless stat? Should I not bother training that one at all?

You don't need to now but eventually you will need a healer.

Greater Healing Scroll

Leaf Shield

Snowglobe Staff

2x Scroll of Knowledge

Bomb (Honey Potion or a one time use like Jar of Meepit Eyes)

Hanso Charisma Charm

1 dual duty weapon of your choice

Cost- I put some weapons that could stay in your set for a good long time so maybe 1 million.

You've got a strong beginner set, but based on your HP, it's time to upgrade to an intermediate set. I'd suggest upgrading your constants from Scarab Ring and Gilded War Hammer to something that does more icons of damage.

The suggestions from The_Chosen_One are good. Rainbow Scroll is a good intermediate constant at 9 icons, but Scroll of Knowledge does an extra 2 for only 2,000 NP more. Golden Compass might also be a good one for you because it does 9 icons and has 3 defense, so it works as a dual-duty. It's a good idea if you don't want to spend the NP on a HCC. Another option would be the Altadorian Swordbreaker, which does half as much damage as an HCC, but also defends all of one icon like HCC (physical instead of dark), and it's much cheaper.