Is it possible to create a fake lot on the TP?

Koralis

I don't want to sound negative, but I am usually uber careful about my NP and making offers/auctions/spending it and I just can't believe I made a mistake like this.

I wanted to get another lab map so I started looking on the TP for the most expensive piece and there was one recent lot that wanted quick np and had "free" in the description. So I made an offer of 480K on it - it was only the most expensive piece (or so I thought). He accepted, but when I checked my inventory I had pieces 5, 8 and a basic golden nerkmid. I can't believe I wouldn't notice there were 3 items including a gold star in a lot of 1 thing.

Did I just screw up and should accept my stupidity? or is it possible to run a scam like this?

:/ I don't know. I haven't heard anything like that happening before, though, god knows, it is probably possible. I would open a ticket-- I hope you remember the username!

That sounds, quite odd. It is possible I guess? But you'd think if someone was running a "fake lot" then they would have cheaper items in it? Did you offer and then check the "offers you have made" tab? I always do that after I offer on the TP, just to be sure. If you are absolutley sure that you offered on the most expensive lab piece and not those items by mistake, send in a ticket.

I'm so sorry. :sad01_anim:

Huh

*scratches head* It could be as I remember scams happening in shops & TP. But that was a long time ago. What you've run into,

it's the first time I'm hearing it. To go from 1 item to 3 different items is unusual.

I'm sorry that happened to you. I hope sending in a ticket will help to resolve it.

No, I didn't really have time to check. I switched to another window to do something else and a few seconds later they had already accepted it. And I would expect cheaper items if it was a fake lot, which is why I'm questioning myself and thought I'd ask if anyone else has heard of this kind of thing happening. I had never, so maybe I am just overreacting. Oh well, at least I got a nerkmid so I can recoup some of my loss.

I don't believe there is a way of creating a 'fake' trading post lot, otherwise you'd probably hear of it more often. It's possible that a bypassing Aisha gave you the nerkmid in a random event, which you may not have noticed? You could always neomail the trader, ask if he or she knows about the nerkmid.

That doesn't sound like a scam to me. It sounds like you got a few extra items for free. I would chalk it up to a random event, or accidentally bidding on a different lot. I wouldn't be upset if that happened, though, since you got the item you wanted for the same amount of NP, plus a few extra!

As others have said, I too have never heard of anything like this happening. I'm also wondering if perhaps you were bidding on the wrong lot. When you looked into your inventory and saw you had those items and not the right map piece, did you go back to the TP and see if you could find the same lot with "free" in the description? Because if it was still there, I'd definitely say it was just an accident and you bid on the wrong lot! Sorry that this happened to you! :(

That doesn't sound like a scam to me. It sounds like you got a few extra items for free. I would chalk it up to a random event, or accidentally bidding on a different lot. I wouldn't be upset if that happened, though, since you got the item you wanted for the same amount of NP, plus a few extra!

She recieved two cheaper map pieces, rather than the most expensive. I think the two she recieved are both buyable in shops, so she didn't get a good deal, really.

I've never heard of that before, but I've heard of fake items in shops... It could be possible, possibly? Either way I'm very sorry this happened :( You could try mailing the person who accepted your offer and ask what you bid on? It should have come up in your events when they accepted your bid.

I've never heard of that before, but I've heard of fake items in shops... It could be possible, possibly? Either way I'm very sorry this happened :( You could try mailing the person who accepted your offer and ask what you bid on? It should have come up in your events when they accepted your bid.

Well I figured if I messaged them to ask, if they had a fake lot they wouldn't tell me otherwise. And if it was just my mistake I'm too embarrassed to admit it to them, I'd rather have them think it was a good deed :P

But I've already made up that np so it doesn't seem so bad anymore...

She recieved two cheaper map pieces, rather than the most expensive. I think the two she recieved are both buyable in shops, so she didn't get a good deal, really.

Oh, I misunderstood. I thought she got the cheaper ones in addition to, not instead of, the one she wanted. Sorry!

It's true they wouldn't tell you if it was fake, but if they said they had the lot you ended up getting you'll know you made a mistake and the TP is safe.

I'd be a embarrassed too but you could just say that in the message? (That makes me feel less so, if I say "This is kinda embarassing but ..."). And you could say you don't want the items back you were just checking?

If you don't fancy doing that you could send a ticket in to TNT asking if it's possible? You never know you might get a human response XP

I haven't heard of a fake lot on the trading post but the other day I was on the auction page and saw some incredibly cheap items going for in the millions (items that normally were worth at most 20 np) and none of the auctions were even put up for neofriends. I think it is possible for a fake auction but I've not been around long enough to have encountered any fake trades. I'm sorry :(

I haven't heard of a fake lot on the trading post but the other day I was on the auction page and saw some incredibly cheap items going for in the millions (items that normally were worth at most 20 np) and none of the auctions were even put up for neofriends. I think it is possible for a fake auction but I've not been around long enough to have encountered any fake trades. I'm sorry :(

I heard about those. They were later all taken down, and the user frozen, I believe. It looks like they were either stolen, or cloned items. :(

I heard about those. They were later all taken down, and the user frozen, I believe. It looks like they were either stolen, or cloned items. :(

Yeah it was really weird, and I was super weirded out by it and asked my mom and was like this is only worth this amount right? and she was like yeah....?! I told her well this is going for something like (12 million neopoints...?) it was an insane amount o.O and I certainly hope the user got frozen because that's just really odd...

People use auctions all the time to transfer mass amounts of neopoints from their main account to a side, and vice versa. If you ever see a 20np item selling for 20m in auctions, it's most likely for that reason.