Presidents?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who should win 2012 election!

• Barack Obama
    • Mitt Romney
  2. 2. Who is the better vice president?

• Joe Biden
    • Paul Ryan

Wow, I am just so amazed at the US. I am SO HAPPY about the marriage equality bills coming through, and it's exciting to see just how much the popular vote is changing in Obamas favour as more votes actually get tallied.

Obama's victory speech was lovely too! I'm not going to lie, I had tears in my eyes!

I couldn't stop saying awwww and wipe the big smirk off of my face that he caused by his inspiring speech, gotta say this much-- I'm proud to have voted in my first election for a president who has earned it :) And I think he is earning the popular vote with just rights. He will make a difference and all the stuff people have said in haste towards him will eat their words :P

I personally missed the speech and will have to track it down on youtube tomorrow when I have the chance. I caught parts of it, but it's kind of hard to hear upstairs when the TV is downstairs. If any of you has a link for it I'd greatly appreciate it. :)

Thank You! I'll be sure to watch it this afternoon. His speeches usually are quite inspirational and I'm looking forward to hearing what he had to say last night. :)

I just watched the speech and I'm crying my eyes out. He is just .. the most amazing man. It makes me want to be American just so I could say I have Obama for a President and I voted for him. I sincerely hope he is re-elected until he decides to stand down. America couldn't hope for a better leader.

Aww! <3 That's so sweet, Saxen! I wish we could keep him longer - he's inspiring to me, which is unusual in a President, to be honest I've been underwhelmed a lot. Unfortunately he's now on his last four years!

Whaaat?! This is news to me! Can you not just get re-elected again and again? Not even if you're doing a really good job? :P

That... sucks. Bigtime. He inspires me also :)

When his four years are up he should apply for UK Citizenship and come and be our Prime Minister!!!!

Totally true, they limit the number of times a President can hold office, two terms and that's it! :( Sad to think of what may come after - it's possible in eight more years that another President could come along and make a total wreck out of everything Obama has worked for. :( With any luck that won't happen, though!

Wouldn't that be fantastic if he did that?

That's just not fair!! Well, technically it is fair... but with Obama it really isn't. He needs to be President forever. I really really hope that doesn't happen, he's achieved so much, it would be awful to see all that hard work and change go down the pan :( *crosses fingers and toes it doesn't*

Oh my GOD my life would be complete if he did that!!!!! I think I'd sell all my belongings and camp outside Downing Street just to be near to him XD

Hahaha, no, the UK isn't allowed to have him- I'm begging for him to come up to Canada next! :P You can have him once we're done, Saxen! LOL

Ah I forgot to register to vote. It would've been my first year too but oh well next time. I'm just worried that with Obama only having 4 more years, who will run for president next time? Obama isn't perfect but certainly having Romney as president would have been like Snape running Hogwarts lol.

Whooo :thumbsup:

Can't help it - I went out last night to have a few glasses of champagne to celebrate Obama's win :D

Even now I'm still feeling so pleased (& relieved). Going to catch up on his complete victory speech~

Ah I forgot to register to vote. It would've been my first year too but oh well next time. I'm just worried that with Obama only having 4 more years, who will run for president next time? Obama isn't perfect but certainly having Romney as president would have been like Snape running Hogwarts lol.

"liking" your post for the Snape comparison :D But boo for forgetting to register ;) It's kind of silly that you have to register to vote. I get that it probably saves resources to not automatically registering everyone over the age required to vote (18, right?) and sending out letters. But in an ideal democracy, everyone would vote and should be encouraged to.

haha yeah I wish it was automatic registering. It would definitely make it equal & easier for people to vote. I know you have to register 21 days before the election but does anyone know if once you register, how long it's valid? Like would I have to register every year?

Bahahaha Snape, now that is great, but in my mind Romney is more like Voldemort LOL

And just like Voldemort Romney was defeated in the election :D

I don't know how long it is good for, but I had my last voter card for at least a couple of years before I got the new one when I moved to a different state, so I can't be certain...

I'm pretty sure it lasts forever, as long as you live at the same address you're registered under. If you move, especially if your city changes (or state), you're required to re-register because your polling place would change, therefore they would need your information at your new polling place and not your previous one. Also I do know that if you live in Wisconsin, Idaho, or Iowa, they offer same day registration, so you could register on election day if you forget to register ahead of time. Also I'm pretty sure Rhode Island has something where if you miss the registration deadline, you can still vote in only the presidential election, I just can't remember exactly how. :P